Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

01 sebring no start

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2013, 06:28 PM
Default 01 sebring no start

Well im having a new problem with me sebring. I took it on a couple hour drive the other night without problems but when i went to leave for work the next morning it wouldnt start. It will crank just fine but just wont start. The only engine codes i have is codes i have had for a while which is codes PO455 and PO421. Does anybody have any idea as to ehat may be making it not start?

Thanks,
Ben

Old 12-12-2013, 09:32 PM

Digging deep into my memory banks I find you have a coupe with the 3.0 engine. Most problems with that engine not starting wind up being related to the distributor. Could also be a broken timing belt. Another possibility is the ASD relay.

Old 12-19-2013, 05:07 PM

Well i finally got a chance to look at the car today and the timing belt is still intact. I checked most of the fuses under the hood and they all checked out fine. Where else should i look to get this car running again?

Old 12-19-2013, 06:29 PM
Super Moderator

read the above post

Old 12-19-2013, 06:49 PM

So does that mean i'm needing a new distributor or what? I'm new to these cars so am needing some advise.

Old 12-19-2013, 10:43 PM
Super Moderator

Check the timing belt is it broken check the spark do u have any check the fuel do u have pressure simple stuff. If u need all basic knowledge of what a car needs to run then I would advise not doing anything yourself and taking to to some one that does. IF u do have some knowledge of this then do the basics checking for blown fuses was one of them.

Old 12-31-2013, 07:21 AM

Well im still working on this problem and trying to get the car running. The timing belt looks to be ok. Went thru and checked the cap and rotor and both looked to be in bad shape so i went ahead and put new ones on. Im still having the no start problem tho. Does this motor have a test port to check for fuel pressure? Any other areas i should look at to find the problem.

Old 12-31-2013, 10:21 AM

Do you have spark? If not, concentrate on the spark side: As noted above the distributor is a weak point. Cap and rotor are attached to the distributor but there's much more to it than that.
If you do have a good spark then the problem is probably on the fuel side. I don't know offhand whether yours has a fuel pressure port, but if it does, it should be relatively easy to find: just trace the fuel lines.
There's a Haynes manual for the Sebring. It covers coupes as well as the Sedan/convertible version. It's well worth the investment.

Old 12-31-2013, 11:19 AM

What should i be looking for on for power on the distributor? I have a felling it isn't fuel related cuz if i try to start it i get a really strong fuel odor under the hood. So im assuming it is getting fuel.

Im also wondering if it wasn't the crank sensor that went out. I have had that go out on a couple of my chrysler/dodge/jeep vehicles and it caused the same problems im having now.

Old 12-31-2013, 06:43 PM

You could be getting the fuel smell because of the leak in the evaporative system (code PO455). It doesn't mean that any fuel is getting to the cylinders.
So, how is that spark anyway?
What's your fuel pressure?

Quick Reply: 01 sebring no start