The speed control system is fully and electronically controlled by the Powertrain Control Module (PCM). A cable and a vacuum controlled servo are not used. This is a servo-less system. The switch is labeled: ON/OFF, RES/ACCEL, SET, COAST, and CANCEL.
The speed control switch is mounted in the steering wheel and wired through the clock spring device under the airbag module.
1. Remove the negative battery cable.
2. Turn off ignition.
3. Remove air bag.
4. Remove the top mounting screw.
5. Rotate steering wheel so that the switch is in the 6 o'clock position. Remove 2 screws from the back side of the speed control switch.
6. Disconnect the electrical connector.
7. Remove switch.
1. Connect the electrical connector.
2. Install switch and tighten the screws to 1.6 N·m (15 ins. lbs.). Make sure rubber seal is in place around switch.
3. Install airbag.
4. Install the negative battery cable.