Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

'07 Sebring only low beam does not work

Old 09-22-2013, 08:49 PM
Default '07 Sebring only low beam does not work

Front right low beam does not work. High beam does. Drivers side low/high both work. New bulb made no difference. Took bulb from front right (passenger side) put it in drivers side, and it works fine. Meter shows correct voltage with vehicle on or off on both sides. No burnt fuse.

Light tester shows a very "faint" light when I tested the wire coming off the back of the low beam.

Traced this wire all the way back to the Totally Integrated Power Module, right before it plugs into it. The light is still very faint.

The other wires coming from that side show a 'very bright light' when testing.

I didn't notice any relays running from the 'Right front headlight' up to the TIPM. Is there somewhere else I could look?

The TIPM is expensive, so I don't want to replace it if I don't have to. But, one other thing.

When I removed the clip, that has the low beam wire that connects into the TIPM, and put the light tester on the exact lead that matches the wire to the low beam, and I got the same dim or faint light, as if there wasn't enough juice flowing from the TIPM to the front right low beam.

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Old 12-18-2013, 11:19 AM
Angry Ditto

I've got the exact same issue. Same low beam headlight is out. The issue is the TIPM. It has to be replaced. I replaced my TIPM with a used one from ebay and that fixed the headlight issue. Now all lights come on as they should.

Unfortunately, now the car doesn't start, which is a bigger issue. Apparently the TIPM is locked to your VIN number. After swapping the TIPM back to the original, the car still doesn't start. I swear...it's like they made these cars to scam us down the road. I never thought I'd see the day where fixing a headlight would cost a thousand dollars. I'm calling the dealership shortly to see if they can reprogram the new/used TIPM so I don't have to buy a brand new TIPM for over $1000 (labor and parts). Those things take 20 minutes tops to install, so they better not try to rape me on costs. I'll keep you updated.