Go Back   Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums > Chrysler Vehicles > Chrysler Sebring
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to the Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-20-2009, 07:11 PM

Default 2.5 / 3.5 engine swap

Hey guys ! I'm new to this forum and know little about these cars but have good background in auto mechanics. I wanted to know if it is feasible to swap a 2000 2.7 into an earlier 96 with a 2.5 V6? This would have to be almost a bolt-in or I won't even consider it.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on ChryslerForum!
Old 10-20-2009, 07:23 PM

Send a message via MSN to xfire04

one BIG no
Dark Tinted Window
Roof spoiler
Billet Grille
Carbon fiber dash trim

SOLD
Old 10-20-2009, 07:34 PM

That's what I thought from the little knowledge I had gathered,thanks for the quick reply.Just did a successful water pump / timing belt replacement on my daugthers 99 300 3.5.It's my first time on these series of engines. How about the 2.7 / 3.5 are they more compatable?

Last edited by ezrollin; 10-20-2009 at 07:36 PM.
Old 10-20-2009, 08:08 PM
2000 Chrysler Sebring
My Garage

The 3.0 mitsubishi is a near direct replacement for the 2.5. They are found in the 2001 and newer stratus and sebring 2 dr coupes And mitsu eclipses.
Old 10-20-2009, 08:09 PM

well anything is possible. the 3.5 wont fit easily. but here's the deal if you are an awsome fabricator, you surely could make it work. heck I installed a 2.2 chrysler engine into a Mistusbishi Starion and grafted a ford mustang trans to it. I also installed a 2.3 ford engine into a chevy vega. then there's the pinto i stuffed a 350 chevy engine. going way back the Buick nail head into my 52 ford.

but with today's cars, you get into so much electrical stuff that it makes things really complex. to be honest, the best choice for a swap to get rid of that horrid 2.7 would be go with a 4cyl. the way I'd do it is buy a smashed complete car and swap everything over. then you have wiring, computer, exhaust, mounts, trans and so on. I regularly buy cars from a salvage auction for doing these kind of conversions. recently I bought a 2000 stratus light in the LF for $250 w/ 100,000 miles. took the parts I needed and sold off left over parts for a profit.
Old 10-20-2009, 08:09 PM

Tags
2001, 25, 27, 30, 35, 35engine, chrysler, engine, mopar, motor, seabring, sebring, stratus, swap, swaps