Go Back   Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums > Chrysler Vehicles > Chrysler Sebring
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to the Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-09-2011, 05:00 PM

Default 2004 Sebring 2.7 Engine coolant leak

I have a 2004 Sebring with a 2.7 Engine, Its leaking coolant so bad from two places one close to the right tire and the other place is in between the heads, I got the upper intake out and I Was trying to replace the intake gasket but there was no intake manifold. any idea where that leak is coming from ? there was a pool of coolant between both heads, could it be leaking from the heads ? is that even possible ?
my other question is any one have a repair manual I can use, it will help me big time.
I appreciate and very thankful for any help in advance.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on ChryslerForum!
Old 02-09-2011, 05:33 PM

Yes, it is possible for it to leak from the heads, but not likely.....

See the black Plastic housing with the bleeder screw on it??? where the upper rad hose attatches???

Look carefully where it meets the motor. Common spot for leakage....Fills the valley, and runs down the front cover...Probably responsible for both leaks.
Click the image to open in full size.

leave the upper intake off.....it needs to be removed to replace this. (Or at least moved out of the way)

We aren't ALL thieves, We're Just trying to make a living like everyone else , So Have A Heart.

If You wanted Dealership Service, You wouldnt Go To "Discount Quik Lube" , So why did you Walk into a dealership Expecting QUIK LUBE PRICING????

Ma'am, It costs so much money, because ...I CAN, And you CANNOT, And It matters Not to Me, Because I HAVE A RIDE HOME.
3/36 Does not mean 3 years and a day, or 36,001

Last edited by Djinn-n-Tonic; 02-09-2011 at 05:38 PM.
Old 02-09-2011, 05:51 PM

I checked it already and its not leaking from the coolant housing or coolant air bleeder. I saw the coolant drip a lot close to the tire where the water pump is located, is it hard do I have to replace the water pump or just the seal ? how hard is it to replace it ? any one can help me with steps ? I asked Midas and they said they will charge me over 600 bucks just for labor. I can do it only if I have the steps
Old 02-09-2011, 06:54 PM

A water pump WILL NOT account for the coolant in the valley.

Look under the car...The weep hole for the pump is just above the A/C compressor.

In all honesty, A water pump on a 2.7 is NOT something you want to tackle in your driveway.

We aren't ALL thieves, We're Just trying to make a living like everyone else , So Have A Heart.

If You wanted Dealership Service, You wouldnt Go To "Discount Quik Lube" , So why did you Walk into a dealership Expecting QUIK LUBE PRICING????

Ma'am, It costs so much money, because ...I CAN, And you CANNOT, And It matters Not to Me, Because I HAVE A RIDE HOME.
3/36 Does not mean 3 years and a day, or 36,001
Old 02-10-2011, 09:30 AM

Whats the weep hole is for ? Ive done lots of engine work on an OHV engines but never worked on an DOC. Ive done head gasket jobs and and intake. the only think I'm worried about is I might mess up the timing
Old 02-10-2011, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by z131 View Post
Whats the weep hole is for ? Ive done lots of engine work on an OHV engines but never worked on an DOC. Ive done head gasket jobs and and intake. the only think I'm worried about is I might mess up the timing
To route the leak outside the engine so you can see it. the water pump on a 2.7 is basically in the crankcase. The hole is tight above the t-stat housing.

DodgeForum.com Moderator
Old 02-10-2011, 11:05 AM

Tags
2004, 27, antifreeze, chrysler, coolant, engine, gasket, hole, intake, leak, leaking, leaks, replacing, sebring, weep