Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

2004 Sebring RADIO dead?

Old 10-29-2014, 05:38 PM
Exclamation 2004 Sebring RADIO dead?

2004 sebring sedan base model. radio does nothing no display at all. fuses are good on interior panel. are there fuses on panel under hood that apply to radio? dome light works. ive been all over the web and cant find any reliable fixes to this.(other than check fuses) any ideas or procedures would be much appreciated. also drivers side power window doesn't work. possibly motor or master switch? what is most common? 93000 miles on the clock.

Old 10-29-2014, 07:29 PM

There's a description of each fuse's coverage on the inside of the fuse box cover. There are more than one fuse covering the radio. That radio is now 10 years old. It may have failed.
Seems like the most common issue with the power windows stems from a broken wire or wires in the bundle of wires leading to the front door. The flexing of the wires tend to wind up breaking one or more. That's not to say it's the only problem you might encounter. Switch and motor problems can also exist. You might want to browse the forum here for discussions on how to remove the door trim panel so you can get in there with a multimeter and trace down the problem.

Old 10-30-2014, 04:40 PM
Default thank you for your reply

thanks...i will test wires in the harness with multimeter and see what i find. will start with motor to see if theres power going to it. upon further inspection of the radioi noticed a sticky substance all over it so it may have had something spilled on it. i have an aftermarket stereo to install and may just go that route(though i think the stock stereos in these sound good). at night the lights still light up all the buttons but the stereo part of the unit itself might be toast. thanks for the reply i will let you know what i find out saturday when i have some time. there is also a wobble that is not tire related at slower speeds and the brakes kind of pulsate when braking hard.(pads are good) calipers, suspension parts are suspect.

Old 10-30-2014, 08:06 PM

Pulsating brakes are usually traceable to the rotors. Replace or resurface them. Upper ball joints are problematic on these cars. There's a good photo essay on replacing them over on the Chrysler Sebring Convertible Club website.

Old 11-03-2014, 04:24 PM
Default new window motor and opinions please

looks like no power from window motor so ill get a new one(40 bucks). are these cars even worth keeping? it seems they have a troubled history and i read LOTS of bad reviews, especially about needing new engines prematurely. ive always owned chevys and though they have there own set of problems this particular model of chrysler doesnt have many redeeming qualities and makes me second guess moving away from the GM vehicles i have loved in the past. the gas mileage isnt even that great haha. keep it? or get some sale value out of it before its too far gone? found a 2002 saturn for the same price i bought this one for(2000 out the door). this sebring has 93k on the clock(thats one of the main reasons i bought it. thinking it would last a while). im not rich and need a dependable daily driver as i travel about 80 miles round trip to and from work. opinions appreciated!

Old 11-03-2014, 09:21 PM

"looks like no power from window motor". What does that mean? You get power FROM an energy source, like a battery or generator. You should be getting power TO a motor to expect it to work. Are you getting power to the motor? If not, don't replace it until you have figured out why it doesn't have power.

Look, the car is 10 years old. It's going to be having problems. 10 year old cars have problems. It's just the nature of the beast. If you are going to be putting 400 miles a week on a car, you might want to invest in something newer. Nobody can predict when a car will break down, but olders cars are going to be having more problems than newer ones.

Old 11-09-2014, 07:55 PM
Default Reply to DC

first of all thank you for the reply. what i meant about the window motor that was it had power to it but the motor is non functional. now onto a new topic. oil pressure light when coming to a stop(at idle). nothing while driving. flickers sometimes at idle and other times is on constantly. engine is a 2.4l DOHC. seems after reading some threads that the sending unit should be the culprit with this particular motor. the 2.7 seems to have a problem with sludge, but with the 2.4 i dont see many posts with that issue being the culprit with my engine. also after 1000 miles on new oil its still golden like i just changed it. if it were sludge i would think the oil would be dirty by now. suggestions? replace oil pressure unit? frequent oil changes? cleaning of the sensor? oil pressure test? additives?(not a fan of mechanic in a can, but they CAN work). i was also reading a post saying i could have the wrong oil filter as the 2.4l had a SOHC and DOHC configuration. possibility? thank you in advance

Old 11-09-2014, 09:01 PM

I would change the sending unit and clean out the passage leading to it as long as you have it off. If the problem persists, you might want to hook up a gauge and see what the pressure really is. If it really is dangerously low, then you might want to investigate further.

Old 07-13-2015, 03:22 AM