Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

'98 Sebring JX. Love, but ready to push off a cliff!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 09:08 PM
Angry '98 Sebring JX. Love, but ready to push off a cliff!!

Okay, first, I bought this car last September. I have had this issue with it since I got it, but after about a month of having the car the problem stopped on it's own and has since returned with all the vengeance of a toddler hellbent on a cookie. I am not an electrical issue savvy girl, so this problem is literally beyond me. My boyfriend seems a bit baffled, and more amused than annoyed. He doesn't drive the D thing, so there ya go.
Okay, so the issue is this: EVERY SINGLE TIME I accelerate, the door chime beeps and clicks incessantly and the interior lights flash. Occasionally, this will last for up to three minutes, so the lights will either stay on or continue to flash for this entire time, while that awful door chime dings repeatedly until I want to smash it into a freaking tree so I don't have to listen to it anymore. Granted, I LOVE this car, but she earned her name Glitch honestly.
Tonight, when I pulled into my driveway and shut my car off and got out, the lights did not shut off. Hence why I am finally posting here, because I literally can't take it anymore, and I'm hoping someone else has had this issue and knows the fix because I'd rather not pay some local ripoff jackass to upsell me a bunch of crap my car is perfectly fine without. I do not know if they have shut off yet, and I am not looking because if they haven't my temper may just boil over! Seriously, if you can't tell, I am beyond frustrated with this issue and willing to pretty much try anything, I just know diddly about electrical issues like this.

Old 05-16-2013, 11:58 PM
Super Moderator

more then likely a door ajar switch is not closing all the way open teh door a little black round plunger looking thing U should be able to adj it pulling center part out a little both doors have one see how that works for ya.