Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

Blinking round red light on dash

Old 01-02-2007, 09:36 PM
Default Blinking round red light on dash

Hello, I have a blinking round red light on the dash between the gas gauge and the tachometer, only when the car is off andlocked. The car is an 02 Sebring convertible GTC I recently bought. I am guessing that it is signifying that the immobilizer feature is activated? Is that correct or is there an alarm I don't know about? Thank you in advance for any info.......

Old 01-03-2007, 02:55 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Blinking round red light on dash

factory alarm

Old 12-11-2012, 02:52 PM
Question Blinking red light on dash and car not starting without a jump

I am having a very similar issue with my 2004 Sebring convertible gtc. There is a red light "the security light" I believe that keeps blinking once iv turn of the car, shut and locked it. My car wont start without a jump now but the interior lights in the car, dash, radio, and everything else still powers strong not diming or anything and the car continues to run once jump started so the altinator is probably fine aswell as my battery is obviously not actually dead since everything else is still powered strong and bright, it just doesnt start without a jump. My car also has a gps lockout in it from the carlot I got it from so I have to turn it over and wait for the beeps before I can start it so I dont know if it has to do with that malfunctioning or not. The battery has probably just went bad since its the original but I am trying to figure out and trouble shoot what else the problem may be before replacing the battery and finding out its something else cause it never use to have the constant blinking light when I shut and lock the car it started simatanious with the car not starting without a jump so I figure it may be related. Can someone please help with this and tell me what the blinking light may be indicating? PLEASE tell me all the possibilitys and meaning for the light I love my car but this is getting anoying!

Old 12-11-2012, 08:53 PM

The blinking light is, as the previous post said, a factory installed alarm system. It will activate any time you shut off the car, remove the key and lock the doors electrically. If you lock the door mechanically using the lock that's at the top edge of the door, or leave the car unlocked, the alarm won't arm itself, but why would you want to to that?
If your car won't crank, and your battery is going on 9 years old, then it is definitely time to replace the battery. If it still has problems cranking, look for corrosion on all the wiring leading from the battery to the starter motor.