Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

Changing Headlight Bulbs 2002 Sebring Sedan SLX 4 door

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 02:29 PM
Default Changing Headlight Bulbs 2002 Sebring Sedan SLX 4 door

Well I got my brake lights fixed.... it was the switch, now one of my headlights is gone. It is only the low beams but I know they are a single bulb. At first glance i am thinking I have to remove the engine to get at the rear of the reflector assembly... ok maybe not that bad, but I am hoping I am missing something and it wont take hours to change a bulb. It is the drivers side bulb if that makes any difference.
Thanks for the help.

Old 11-18-2008, 04:16 PM
Default RE: Changing Headlight Bulbs 2002 Sebring Sedan SLX 4 door

If you have the owners manual, it tells you how to change the headlight bulbs. You can get a manual online at chrysler.com. In the meantime, look for two bolts on the upper radiator support behind the headlight. Remove them and you can pull the headlight out. It may help to remove the three push-in fasteners holding the bumper cover near the headlights. Pry up the center of each fastener, then pull the whole thing out. They are pretty easy. Don't disturb the aiming screws.
With the headlight pulled forward get your hand in behind andturn the collar holding the bulb and pull the bulb out of the headlight. Now you can change the bulb. Don't touch the glass of the new bulb with your fingers when re-installing. The oils from your fingers can contaminate the glass, which operates at high temperatures, and can cause it to break, which is bad.
It may be tough to turn that collar while re-installing because they don't give you much room, but it's possible so keep atit.
Have fun.

Old 11-22-2008, 01:56 AM
Default RE: Changing Headlight Bulbs 2002 Sebring Sedan SLX 4 door

To add to the above post, you are loosening and removing the two silver bolts, leave the others alone. You'll see it. I just changed my headlight in the dark just based on doing a quick internet search with the only response saying to undo the two silver bolts, so it isn't that difficult.