Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

Electrical Issues?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2015, 02:00 AM
Default Electrical Issues?

I've been through the threads looking and can't seem to find the issues I have so here we go: 01 Sebring Coupe LXI

1. No Heat or A/C- All lights are on, rear defrost works. I get air/heat from the vents but the blower does not work on any setting. When turned to any fan settings, it makes an occasional noise but nothing else. Would this more then likely be a stuck or broken blower fan?

2. When putting the car in park, occasionally the car doesn't acknowledge its in park and will not release my key. It can be stuck of days or I can drive from home to work and the key will pop out...drive work to the store and it won't again. Is there a sensor or something that might be malfunctioning and not allowing the ignition to know the cars in park?

3. Cig Lighters malfunction..1 doesn't work at all..the other has a short or something in it which makes whatever you plug into it heat up and it flickers on and off. I've checked fuses and cant seem to figure out whats going on. Not a huge deal breaker, but when we were without power for 2 days and needed to charge phones, coulda been useful to have.

Any help would be appreciated. Tax return time, I can try to at least get the heat fixed...rollin down the window in -10 degree weather kinda stinks.

Thanks!

Old 02-01-2015, 01:25 PM

Sounds like a blower motor issue. When ordering parts for your car, be sure to specify that it's for a coupe. Parts for a Sebring sedan or convertible will not work. The coupes were built by Mitsubishi and are completely different.

There's an interlock that prevents removal of the key unless the car is in park. I think there's a cable that connects the shift lever to the steering column. May be worn and in need of adjustment.

The cigarette lighters are very simple in function. They're just a socket with a 12 volt terminal at the bottom and a ground at the sides. If you can get it out, you should be able to see what's wrong with it, if anything. If the socket is good, then it's the wiring. Again, very straightforward.