Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

How can I remove Right rear door panel

Old 08-20-2013, 09:44 PM
Default How can I remove Right rear door panel

How can I remove Right rear door panel? I want to change the regulator but can't remove the door. I have 2005 Chrysler Sebring 2.7 L V-6 TOURING Sedan.

How many screws do I have to remove? So far I can only locate 3 screws.

Old 08-20-2013, 10:22 PM

Before you go any further, get yourself a set of plastic trim tools. They are inexpensive and worth their weight in gold for this kind of work. After you get your trim tools, locate the screws at the bottom of the door panel, plus the screw at the bottom of the cup where you grab to pull the door shut plus the screw behind the little square plastic cover behind the inside door handle. Remove the screws, then using your trim tool, pry out the clips that hold the trim panel in place.
Then you should be able to lift the panel from the door at the top. Disconnect the wiring and the door handle linkage and the trim panel should come off.
You'll need to remove the water dam. That's the plastic membrane that is glued to the door. Do that by peeling it back so you can see the glue line. With a single edge razor blade and/or an xacto knife, carefully cut the glue so that about half the thickness stays on the door and half stays on the water dam. Cut all the way along the glue line until the water dam comes off. The glue will remain sticky so that when you put the water dam back on, just line up the cut glue line carefully and press it back together.

Come back when you're done and tell us how it went.