Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

no spark 2000 sebring what happened ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 12:55 AM
Question no spark 2000 sebring what happened ?

I did a major timming belt service on this car including the valve cover gaskets and plugs. started car and all was good ran for 20 min no check engine light. let car sit for a few min and engine misfired upon restart and would not go away. traced fault to #5 fuel injector open cicuit when hot. replaced injector reconnect battery and now no spark. I have injector signals. checked asd and found no signal from PCM to switch on relay. I can jump terminal #4-r/w wire at relay and relay switches on. is it possible the pcm has corrupt data and needs reflashing? alarm fault? any kind of hard reset to perform? Help please P.B.

Old 05-14-2011, 06:20 PM

Just a guess.....2.5 V6?

With a 12 volt test lamp...Clip on ground..

Probe ASD output to injectors. Turn the key on, but dont start it..the lamp should light up for 2 seconds and go out....

Now Crank the car. the lamp should light up while cranking .

Post back the results...

Old 05-14-2011, 10:43 PM

yes 2.5. I have injector pulse to injectors. no signal from pcm to asd relay to energize it. as I posted, I can jump the relay to ground at terminal 4 on relay(red/white wire from pcm) and relay will energize.

Old 05-14-2011, 11:41 PM

The reason I said to do it the way I mentioned is to Verify CKP signal..... There is a 2 second fuel pump prime pulse, But after that.. ASD is dependant upon Crank sensor rpm signal to engage. If you have PRIME, But no ASD WHILE CRANKING...PCM is not recieving a CKP signal.

Will the car start with the relay Jumpered?

Last edited by Djinn-n-Tonic; 05-14-2011 at 11:46 PM.
Old 05-15-2011, 12:10 PM

no it still wont start. I have a led pluged in the injector conector and can see light flash when cranking. I will check to see if it lights on start up. I see what you mean by using chassis ground, so I will try that too. I'll post back, Thanks.

Old 05-15-2011, 12:17 PM

I have a led pluged in the injector conector and can see light flash when cranking.
Are you using BOTH terminals of the connector for the LED????

If you are ..Then ASD MUST BE WORKING....The + side of the injector comes from ASD. If ASD doesnt engage.....You will have NO POWER to Injectors, Fuel pump, Coil, and possibly OXY sensor heaters.

Old 05-15-2011, 02:21 PM

Ok so I have 12v when switched on. and battery voltage when cranking. looks like I was wrong about the relay not getting signal. so I'm guessing the coil went out?

Old 05-15-2011, 02:46 PM

Go over the wiring harnesses for anything That you may have overlooked....

Those cars ALL had Distributor issues, and They arent cheap, So make sure you arent chasing "GHOSTS".....

The rear Plugs are a pain to get to, but pull one of the Front wires off, and make sure there is a spark coming from the distributor while cranking.

Old 05-15-2011, 03:25 PM

there is'nt a spark. I'm going to take off the dist cap and check to see if 12v at coil terminal, should be 12v if its ok right?

Old 05-15-2011, 07:48 PM

It should co-incide with ASD reaction.....

Quick Reply: no spark 2000 sebring what happened ?