Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

Headlight wire

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2019, 04:13 PM
Default Headlight wire

Hello ladies and gents,

I attempted to change the headlight on my wife's 2011 Chrysler 200 and found the wire to burnt out. I've attached a photo for reference. Is this wire replaceable or do I have to replace the whole headlight piece? I'm asking here because I don't want to take apart the whole front end unless I have to. Thanks in advance for the help.

Old 03-27-2019, 07:40 PM

What you need is the connector, not the wire. The wire is part of an entire harness which is very expensive and hard to install. You may be able to just buy the connector at the dealership but your best bet is probably to go to a U-Pick-It type junkyard and cut off a connector with enough wire to splice it onto the old wire. When splicing it on, use some shrink tubing and tape to get a good sealed connection.

Old 04-08-2019, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by dcotter0579
What you need is the connector, not the wire. The wire is part of an entire harness which is very expensive and hard to install. You may be able to just buy the connector at the dealership but your best bet is probably to go to a U-Pick-It type junkyard and cut off a connector with enough wire to splice it onto the old wire. When splicing it on, use some shrink tubing and tape to get a good sealed connection.
Thanks for the heads up on this dcotter0579. I finally got to the local pull and pay. The 2013 200 they had in the yard was picked clean so I didn't find the connector I wanted. Fortunately, my wife was with me and she asked if the connector off the PT cruiser would work. I went ahead and cut that out and took it home. Worked like a charm!! The wires were different colors but by trial and error got it figured out. I used butt connectors and plenty of tape as you suggested for the splice. Not sure the year of the Cruiser but thought you would like to know the outcome. Have a good one and take care.