Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

PDF Service/Tech Manual Information

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2013, 12:24 PM
Question PDF Service/Tech Manual Information

I just acquired a 1997 Lxi coupe and am trying to find a site to purchase a downloadable PDF tech/service manual for it...

Would someone please point me in the right direction?

I am planning on some work to bring this car back into shape at 186K miles.

Wiper motor replacement
Gauge cluster lighting replacement, some lights no longer working
Replace speakers throughout interior
Plug, plug wire, injector, ignition replacement
Shock and strut replacement
HID installation

etc... you get the picture.

Thank you in advance,
Jason

Old 09-30-2013, 01:43 PM

Most of that stuff is covered in the Haynes manual no. 25040, which you can get online from haynes.com. Unless you really want to drag your laptop out to the garage, you are probably better off buying the paper version. The online access is by subscription either for a year or lifetime (for more money). You can probably find a paper one for cheap on eBay. The Haynes manual has some wiring diagrams for the coupe.
When buying parts for your coupe, be sure you specify that it is a coupe. Coupes were built by Mitsubishi. Sedans and convertibles were built by Chrysler. The coupes have practically no parts in common with the sedans/convertibles.
Your best bet for H.I.D. wiring info is from the manufacturer of the lighting unit.
You can also find wiring info at 12volt.com

Come back and brag about your progress.

Old 09-30-2013, 09:57 PM

Many thanks for the info. This is my 4th Chrysler product I have owned in my life. Prior I had an Avenger, 300m, and a Dodge Magnum which I totally built out.

I was able to get a PDF version for the Magnum which helped out since I started a performance consultant company based on the LX platform and later the LY platform.

This Sebring I now have has 185k miles on it and is currently in need of a new windshield wiper motor. I think I am going to check salvage yards for it since a new motor for the wipers is around $300 from a dealership.

The car is in good shape but it looks like I need to get the spoiler and rear face of the trunk re-cleared. The stereo is working but the tweeters on the top of the dash are blown.

I don't think I will put a lot of money into the ride, maybe pick up a new head unit that does MP3 and blue tooth, a couple of 10" subs for my rock music, new tweeters and drivers, then a couple of amps, one for the bass and one for the interior speakers.

The leather seats need to be recovered, I am going to shop around for new skins, maybe a cheaper version of KatSkinz and do them myself.

I want to re-wire the driving lights to work with when either the head lights or parking lights are on and switch both the driving lights and headlights to HID's. I need the light up here in the Northwest with all the dark shiny rainy nights.

Any pointers you can give me on the LXi would be great.

I am also considering maybe a valve job, new injetors, coil packs, wires as well. However I will most likely leave the exhaust alone unless I cut off the muffler and install a less restrictive one. I do like the sound of even a v6 exhaust.

The car sits low enough for a daily driver but I may install new struts and shocks. I don't have a press so changing the bushings out is not an option for now.

I need to get new batteries into the keyless entry fob, it is the one that came with the car not an aftermarket unit.

Most likely I will deal with the wiper motor first then focus on the interior over the winter and the exterior over the Spring and Summer.

Thnk you again,
Jason