Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

Power door locks problems - requires a locksmith

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 05:14 AM
Default Power door locks problems - requires a locksmith

I have my chrysler sebring 2004 and i'm having problem with my power door locks, it's power door locks only work using the driver door switch when the key is turned on, i dnt know whats wrong at this point anyone have some idea or solution to fix this kindly help me and drop me a message with all details. thnx in advance

Old 04-11-2013, 10:26 AM

Not saying for sure that this is your problem, but it might be: Within the ignition switch is a little "feeler" (for want of a better term) that gets pushed when the key is in the ignition, even if it isn't turned. The purpose of this is to sense that the key is in there. With the key in the ignition, you can't lock the doors using the electric button. This is to make it less likely that you will lock the keys in the car.
If that little "feeler" gets stuck, the car "thinks" the key is in the ignition and won't let you lock the doors using the electrical switch.
Try putting a drop of WD-40 on the tip of the key and work it in and out of the ignition switch. It just might free up the "feeler" enough to solve the problem. It won't do any harm and won't cost anywhere near the cost of a locksmith, so it's worth a try.