Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

Radiator Width...

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2013, 06:25 PM
Default Radiator Width...

This may seem like a strange question, but does the radiator in an '05 Sebring extend the full width like the AC condenser does or does the rad just go part of the way across the front? I can't see in there well enough to be able to tell. I lost one of my fans and I don't know if I'm still cooling my rad with just one fan.
Thanks in advance

Old 08-30-2013, 08:26 PM

If you go to rockauto.com and look up your radiator in their parts catalogue, you can get a picture of it. Yes it's the full width, like the AC condensor. If you want to know whether your fan(s) are adequately cooling, check the temperature gauge. That's what it's there for. If the needle is in the middle somewhere, you're fine. The fans are controlled by the computer and are not intended to be running all the time.

Old 09-04-2013, 09:40 PM

Thanks for the reply dcotter0579.
I just needed to know if I could drive my car for a couple of days with just one fan. I wasn't sure if both fans were for the rad or if one was for the rad and the other was for the AC.
One morning while I was on my way to work one of the fan motors seized up and caused the fuse to blow. The red warning light came on and the temp guage went all the way to the top. When I installed a new fuse of the same size the stuck fan motor went up in smoke.
Anyway, I bought a fan motor and I pulled the shroud today. I have the new motor installed and I just need to put everything back in.
The burned fan motor won't even spin freely by hand. There is something catching inside it. It doesn't matter, it's just junk now anyway.