Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

Various issues lately with my dream car

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2013, 01:55 PM
Question Various issues lately with my dream car

In the last few months, it seems I've had more issues with my car and haven't been able to drive it much. It's been in the shop more than I've had it. It is a 2002 Sebring Limited Convertible with just barely 100,000 miles.

First we noticed a small bit of water on the carport. We took it to the shop and it was the water pump. We had that replaced as well as all the timing parts and gaskets. While we were in there, it was a good time to do it all, we thought.

The next week, it started having issues and we took it back. The timing tensioner that was brand new was not pumping up properly so they once again took it apart and replaced that.

I took it home (happily) and started driving it. I drove it to my daughter's house about 15 miles away. After being there about 30 minutes, I got back in the car to go home. It started lunging down the road on the way home. It felt like the transmission was trying to shift into a higher gear but there was no higher gear for it to shift into. I took it back to the shop, they checked the code (loss of communication TCM/pcm), and had a replacement TCM put on it.

Once again, I go home with it and needed to go back to my daughter's (is she the common thread here?). On the way home again, and it started lunging again. The check engine light came on and this time we got a generic misfire code. So far, they've changed the coil packs, plugs, and wires, and checked for gasket leaks.

Any ideas on what the problem could be? I would really like to have my car back and don't want to give up on it. My mechanics are awesome about fitting me in when needed and do a great job so any help or ideas are greatly appreciated.