Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

will a 1998 Plymouth Breeze tyranny bolt up to my 1996 Sebring Convertible?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2013, 03:03 PM
Default will a 1998 Plymouth Breeze tyranny bolt up to my 1996 Sebring Convertible?

Will a 1998 2.4L Auto Plymouth Breeze tyranny bolt up to my 1996 2.4L Auto Sebring Convertible? I'm asking this questions because My Sebring Shifting problems seem to be getting worse. If i cruise around for 20-30 mins it will want to stay in second gear. I can temporary fix it by turning off the car and turning it back on again. but that only works for about 5 mins then it will continue having the same problems. I have changed the Input (turbine) speed sensor, TCM and had it re programmed, did a tyranny flush (new filter), cleaned out the solenoid and pressure switch assembly (there was tyranny fluid in the connector???). I don't know what else to do? Other than physically change the transmission. one of my friends has a that 1998 Plymouth breeze transmission hes willing to give me if i need it. assuming it will work do u think it will fix my problem? Thanks, Ryan

Old 08-19-2013, 08:00 PM

Couple of things. Are you certain you used the correct fluid when you flushed the system? Don't use ATF-4 if ATF-3 is called for. The transmission is designed around the fluid and using something it was not designed for will not be an improvement.
Also, before changing the whole transmission, you might consider replacing that solenoid and pressure switch assembly (also called the solenoid pack). They are notoriously leaky and yours was obviously leaking. It's a lot easier than dropping the whole transmission and might do the job.
Check the part number on the replacement trans. If it's the same part number, it'll work.

Old 08-20-2013, 10:58 AM

when I did the tranny flush I made sure I did use the correct fluid. So there should be no problems there. and nothing seemed like it was leaking no fluid drop on the dip stick. I just thought it was odd that it was in the connector. after watching this youtube video he also says that he found some oil in the connector?
and If i get some time this weekend Ill look into it and see if can pick up a solenoid pack replace that and hope if fixes the problem. And I just checked and the part numbers are the same. except there is a bracket of something that has to come off the old transmission out of my sebring because its a convertable theres an extra part.