Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'01 T&C Speedo Needle "Flip" Fix Needed

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 04:43 PM
Default '01 T&C Speedo Needle "Flip" Fix Needed

I have an '01 T&C that my wife drives. Not too long ago, she reported the speedometer needle doing weird things flipping back and forth erratically and then returning to normal. Just today, it must have done it again because the speedo needle is rotated all the way around and is now on the back side of the "zero" pin.

How do I get the needle flipped back to the right side of the pin?

What generally could cause such erratic needle behavior?

Thanks!

Old 03-22-2006, 01:10 AM
Default RE: '01 T&C Speedo Needle "Flip" Fix Needed

I sent you an email, however when I held the trip odometer reset in, the speedo and tach needle, as well as the idiot lights did a self diagnostics which included the needles bouncing back and forth then they reset to their normal position, I did this accidentally without realizing what would happen, kinda freaked me out at first.

Old 03-25-2006, 12:56 AM

That took care of it. My wife performed the steps and reported that, with the key out, she pressed and held the odometer reset in until she saw some sort of message/lights in the odometer screen. Then she released the odometer reset, and the self-diagnostics ran with the lights and needles doing their thing. When it was finished, the speedo needle was back in the proper spot.

Thanks for the info!

Old 03-29-2006, 04:28 PM

If it continues, it could be a bad output speed sensor. My 02 did this and also locked into "limp" mode. Broken wire to the sensor, on transmission, was the culprit.

Old 04-04-2006, 12:02 AM

I am glad it worked, kinda funny how an oops can fix things.

Old 09-10-2007, 09:14 PM

That worked for me too. Thanks. I had both my speedometer and tach on the back side of the zero. Mine happened after I disconnected and cleaned the battery. My turn signals and hazards are still not working though.

Old 09-02-2009, 02:49 PM
Default Speedo Needle Reset

Dear Folks

Thank you for the advice on how to reset the Speedo. I had a "funny" battery problem and the Speedo needle went all the way to the end stop and would not go back.

I have ordered a new battery and reset as instructed.

THANK YOU

ANDREW (Yateley, UK)

Old 09-08-2009, 08:58 PM

Have you check the speed sensor?Somehow,it has something to do with faulty meter cluster and speed sensor.

Old 12-31-2009, 09:59 AM
Default town and country speedometer

I tried this too and it worked great, they wanted to charge me 250.00 to fix it!!!

Originally Posted by adchesney
Dear Folks

Thank you for the advice on how to reset the Speedo. I had a "funny" battery problem and the Speedo needle went all the way to the end stop and would not go back.

I have ordered a new battery and reset as instructed.

THANK YOU

ANDREW (Yateley, UK)

Old 06-01-2011, 08:27 PM
Default help speedometer

when i was driving my abs light came on the my gages went crazy after i stoped i turned off my car and it all reset by my speedometer went all the way around and now i am wondering how do i get it back to zero i have a 98 sebing convertable any ideas this is not the first time it has happened with the gages but it is the first it went all the way around please help. thank you

Quick Reply: '01 T&C Speedo Needle "Flip" Fix Needed