Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

01 town and country crazy dash light problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2012, 01:06 PM
Default 01 town and country crazy dash light problems

I have a 01 town and country with 43k miles when you start it everything works fine, after driving it or if it sets for a few min. every light comes on the gauge cluster and check engine light and oil light also. Then the gauges go to zero and when you shut the engine off and pull the key out all these lights stay on you have to unplug the battery to reset everything any ideas thanks

Old 11-01-2012, 12:51 AM

Have you checked for codes? Sounds like the Body Control Module (BCM) or something related to the PCI data bus. Disconnecting the battery resets it. Try a shake test to induce or cure it. Have someone watch the dash with the engine running and shake the wire harnesses and connections at the IPM (fuse box) and tap on it. The BCM is tough to get at. It's on the firewall above and in front of the brake pedal. In the mean time you may be able to rest the data bus by pulling the IOD fuse for 2-3 minutes.

Last edited by Raptor 07; 11-01-2012 at 12:54 AM.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by Raptor 07
Have you checked for codes? Sounds like the Body Control Module (BCM) or something related to the PCI data bus. Disconnecting the battery resets it. Try a shake test to induce or cure it. Have someone watch the dash with the engine running and shake the wire harnesses and connections at the IPM (fuse box) and tap on it. The BCM is tough to get at. It's on the firewall above and in front of the brake pedal. In the mean time you may be able to rest the data bus by pulling the IOD fuse for 2-3 minutes.
Yes i had a diagnostic scan done and no codes on anything showed up, I will look for that IOD fuse and try that along with shake all wiring

Old 11-05-2012, 01:01 PM

Changed out the BCM with a new one still no improvment wiggled all the wiring also did nothing different. i also noticed the battery will drain to over a few days.

Old 11-11-2012, 09:24 AM

Had the same problem with that, mine was on a 04 sebring 2.7 lxi though, but my postive wire for my alternator, was so loose I could move it around, try that maybe? My car still has issues, wreck on passenger cause constant high beams, when DRL fuse is in.

Old 04-21-2014, 12:42 AM
Talking 01 town and country crazy dash light problems

I had these same things happen with my 2001 T&C, but not anymore. First I was told a code indicated the alternator was fluctuating voltage and I replaced it, did not fix the problem. Another poster indicated a problem with his sliding door having a broken wire in the track at the base. I checked both sides and found nothing. Another poster said he found a bad sensor on the transmission, so I replaced both of them and didn't fix the problem. Another poster said he resoldered the pins on the back of the instrument cluster where the cars electrical plug goes on it. I checked them and found one suspect and did reheat the solder but it didn't fix the problem. I took it to an Auto Electric shop and they spent a full day on it and resoldered all 13 pins but it still didn't fix the problem. The shop looked like a brain surgeon working out of his basement so I took my car out of there. I figured I would throw some more parts at it myself and ordered an instrument cluster off ebay. When I put it in myself, the problem went away. Still good after about 60 miles and it used to go anywhere from 1 block to 8 miles and would light up every dash light. After about 15 seconds the gauges would drop to zero. But as I said, not anymore....YIPPEE.