Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

04 Town & Country limited, dash lights

Old 10-16-2007, 11:29 AM
Default 04 Town & Country limited, dash lights

Hello all,

New to the forum. Just purchased a nice '04 Town & Country limited version. I love it so far. I have a question about the center console backlight. This van has the entertainment package with the GPS screen and the center console is split into three sections. The top has the Radio and Navigation controls. The middle section has the climate controls. The bottom section has the CD/DVD controls.

When I drove last night, I noticed that the buttons and ***** on the middle section, the Climate control section, was not backlit, making them very difficult to see and use in the dark. The LCD screen that shows the temps was fine. The little amber lights that indicate **** position were fine, but the buttons and ***** (they have white labels) were not backlit.

Is this by design, or are there a few bulbs out, or possibly a fuse? Every button and **** on the top and bottom sections are backlit, so I assume the middle section should be also. Anyone have this happen before? How easy is it to replace the bulbs if they are burned out?

Old 10-16-2007, 05:10 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: 04 Town & Country limited, dash lights

the ac control head would need to be replaced.

Old 10-16-2007, 06:45 PM

Ok, I'll bite. What's the AC control head? Is it a job a semi-mechanical wannabe like me can handle?

Old 10-16-2007, 09:47 PM
Super Moderator

the control head is the thing u look at and mess with the switches.

Old 10-16-2007, 10:09 PM

ORIGINAL: CHRYSLER TECH

the control head is the thing u look at and mess with the switches.
Meaning...what, exactly? The entire console would need to be replaced? The heat, ac, fan, temp controls, rear controls, etc. all work perfectly. The main display works. The amber switch indicators work. Only the lights behind the dash that would illuminate the labels and the ***** are out. I guess you're saying this is not a simple "pull off the plastic and replace the bulbs" type of fix?!?

Old 10-17-2007, 04:39 PM
Super Moderator

U NEED AN AC CONTROL HEAD WHICH IS THE WHOLE CONTROL ASSEMBLY WITH ***** SWITCHES LIGHTS AND SO ON.
The lights in question are leds not replaceable.

Old 10-18-2007, 10:08 AM

ORIGINAL: CHRYSLER TECH

U NEED AN AC CONTROL HEAD WHICH IS THE WHOLE CONTROL ASSEMBLY WITH ***** SWITCHES LIGHTS AND SO ON.
The lights in question are leds not replaceable.
Thanks. Dealer price for an AC Control Head = $457.00. I think I'll go without the LED lights for a while, or maybe try to pull one from an auto yard. Two last questions. Is the control head a simple unplug so that a used one will plug right back in or is there any wiring involved? Also, will the computer reject the new/used control head or will there need to be some sort of reset or re-programming.

Old 10-18-2007, 01:52 PM
moe

hi i just got off the chrysler web site and i punched in your year and model and it tells me the bulbs look like they can be replaced read this:
The A/C-heater control is located at the center of the instrument panel and uses electrical controls. These controls provide the vehicle operator with a number of setting options to help control the climate and comfort within the vehicle. Refer to the owner's manual in the vehicle glove box for more information on the suggested operation and use of these controls.
The A/C-heater control cannot be repaired. If faulty or damaged, the entire unit must be replaced. (The control ***** and the illumination lamps are available for service replacement )let me know moe.i can send you some directions on removal.

Old 09-18-2008, 06:46 AM

Moe,
I know this is an old thread but I have the same problem with my control (2/3rds of lights inac/heat control head don't work).Can you send instructions on replacement and how to order bulbs?
Thanks

Old 01-30-2010, 08:18 PM
Default Heater/A/C backlight bulbs - for Moe

Moe - same for me, please. I have an '01 T&C if that makes any difference.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 04 Town & Country limited, dash lights