Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

05 t&c bogging at 2800 rpms and won't go past that

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 02:50 AM
Exclamation 05 t&c bogging at 2800 rpms and won't go past that

got an 05 town and country with a 3.3 idles fine but will bog down and stutter at 2800 rpm and no matter how much I floor the acc pedal it won't go past 3k rpms..one code that came up was p0406? so replaced the egr valve and light turned off but had no affect..replaced plugs, wires, coil pack, tps sensor then checked fuel injectors and connectors, cleaned the throttle body, checked compression on all cylinders that was all good..don't kno what else it could be seeing how it hasn't gave me any other codes..anyone ever had this problem or heard of something similar? been trying to fix it for a while but I'm out of ideas..any help is gladly appreciated..thanks

Old 06-10-2011, 02:05 AM

ttt^ anyone?

Old 08-30-2011, 04:26 PM
Unhappy Idle Sputter problem above 2800 RPM's

Yes. have the same problem as you describe with my '06 T&C ltd
here is something I've found:

still investigating.. but wated to see if this makes sense to you
before I go replacing it
This was someone's answer in regard to the question at the bottom...
My van doesn't give me any codes when I do the on/off, on/off trick..
but my van has been having trouble starting lately--
which is a symptom of the crankshaft sensor being bad...

ANSWER 2:The codes point to the crankshaft position sensor's signal being imperfect (0335) on its own and as a result its signal is inconsistent with the signal from the camshaft position sensor signal (0016). The crank sensor is located on the side of the engine closer to the firewall (but I need to know which engine you have to be sure) and it is something you could replace yourself. The fact that the engine is running at low/moderate rpms suggests it isn't a wiring issue but that could also explain the problem if it isn't the function of the sensor or its placement close to the flexplate which it 'senses' may be slightly off. My inclination would be to replace the sensor rather than doing all the electrical circuit testing. Let me know the engine (L) and I can give you any tips you need to try replacing/repositioning it yourself.

REPLY: Two codes came up: P0016 and P0335

ANSWER: Try turning the ignition key 'on-off-on-off-on and leave on' doing that in 5 seconds or less elapsed time. Then watch the odometer window to see if the mileage reading changes to show any 4-digit numbers preceded by a P. Let me know the fault code numbers and we'll go from there. A free code readout is also usually available at an Autozone parts store.

QUESTION: I have a 2006 Dodge Grand Caravan that starts and idles fine (~800 rpm). It accelerates fine up to 2800 rpm but sputters and runs extremely rough as soon as I hit the 2800 rpm mark (all done while in park). It then sputters and bounces between 2800 rpm and 3000 rpm but will not go any higher. The engine light came on with it but I don't have a code reader (sorry). Any help would be greatly appreciated.