Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

'07 Town & Country ABS Light on/off

Old 01-14-2014, 05:33 PM
Default '07 Town & Country ABS Light on/off

In late December I took a 250 mile round trip drive in which I encountered heavy traffic. On the return trip the ABS light came on and stayed on until I changed the front discs and rotors. I disconnected the battery for a short period and reconnected it and the ABS light stayed off until today (a period of almost 3 weeks). Four wheel discs brakes system, and I read that pad wear is not the cause of the light coming on, but in my case it went off for a period of time.
Any direction would be greatly appreciated.

Old 01-14-2014, 06:18 PM
Super Moderator

U are correct in the pads will not cause the ABS lite to come on. Unfortunately the best course of action is to get an abs scanner and see what the codes are.

Old 01-20-2014, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by CHRYSLER TECH
U are correct in the pads will not cause the ABS lite to come on. Unfortunately the best course of action is to get an abs scanner and see what the codes are.
I just went to the local auto parts to get the code for my abs light, and to my surprise; no code. So today I will bleed all the calipers and check the speed senor spacing.

Old 01-20-2014, 02:38 PM

Could that scanner even read ABS codes or chassis codes? Many parts store scanners only read powertrain codes.

Old 01-27-2014, 08:51 AM
Default ABS Light Off

A week ago I bled all four calipers. The ABS light turned off that day and has been off since. Hopefully that did the trick, but I'm not holding my breath.

Old 01-27-2014, 09:36 AM

My ABS light comes on of its own accord. I've noticed it's always raining when it does it, in fact a certain kind of rain, a very moderate kind. So far I've just ignored it -- not been a problem. Next time I drive it, it's gone. The handbrake light also comes on about the same time with a "bong" noise, then goes out of its own accord. Again no probs, and the hand brake is well 'off '.
So logic says look for wet affecting the wiring etc.

Leedsman.

Old 01-27-2014, 05:02 PM

The read 'head' point of the ABS sensor is in fact the valley, not as people assume the pointed peak[s] of the ABS ring. At some point a sensor can go worn [usually scraped away] by just a single grain of grit, lapping and other workarounds almost never work because of the tolerance[s] and that single sensor will need to be replaced. As for the build up of rust and crud a chipping with a blunt metal chisel will clean out the inner of the ABS ring. I would never consider anyone recommending a complete change of pads and rotors as a cure for an ABS fault.

Old 02-14-2014, 09:38 AM
ARB

Watch out for ignoring the lights. LEft mine for a fair while and found out that that fault can cause the abs pump to go **** up and they are expensive. Get the abs and handbrake light fault fixed asap or big bills loom

Old 02-15-2014, 12:19 PM

After I bled the caliper, the light stayed off. All of the sensors looked good, so I'm still wondering why the light came on in the first place. I never got a error code.

Old 02-15-2014, 02:14 PM

Changing pads, discs/rotors and bleeding caliphers is certainly not a cure for ABS light on fault. But you may have invertantly cured the problem by where you were working when you were bleeding the caliphers. Caliphers are only inches/mm from the ABS cable and sensor head. So did you touch the cable or sensor head.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: '07 Town & Country ABS Light on/off