Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

08 Town & Country VES Problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 07:39 PM

Could you please let me know how to replace the module. Thank you for your help

Old 06-06-2013, 05:07 PM

Hello,
I have the same issue you had and they want $925 to fix my module. Could you let me know where you got the part and how you installed it? That would be awesome!
Thanks,
Brad

Old 06-06-2013, 08:38 PM
Old 06-12-2013, 11:22 AM

Verified, this fix works on both 2nd and 3rd row monitors if your screens are blank. It does mean you have to replace both cables though.

Old 06-13-2013, 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by 88Stepside

Can you let me know where you can purchase this cable at? Thanks.

Old 06-14-2013, 07:28 AM

The cracked ribbon cable fixes the problem. I went to 2 Chrysler dealerships and neither could fix the issue. One wanted $500 just to investigate the issue and the other wanted $925 to replace the center module (TV). I paid $20 and spent 45 minutes and all my tv's work now!!!!!

Old 06-20-2013, 07:16 PM
Default still not working

I replaced the ribbon cable rear monitor still works but center does not . Any other suggestions?

Old 06-21-2013, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by ssdavid02
I replaced the ribbon cable rear monitor still works but center does not . Any other suggestions?
Can you describe the original problem? Can you describe the problem you are having now? What does "works" mean?
Does the 2nd row monitor do anything? Blank or split screen without signal?
Does the 3rd row do anything? Blank or split screen without signal?
Who replaced the cable? Which monitor did the new cable get installed into? 2nd or 3rd row? Did the cable get installed upside down?

Last edited by 88Stepside; 06-21-2013 at 10:10 AM.
Old 06-21-2013, 02:48 PM

Sorry didn't put enough info . In the video it showed the blank middle screen and the rear as a split screen . We have seen this before but after what seemed to be like an hour or if we hit a bump the rear would come back on but still blank black screen on middle monitor. And it has stayed like this for almost a year , till I saw the video and ordered the cable. I myself put the cable in the middle monitor as shown . I have much experience with car audio and install so it was a snap. When I put everything back together however still the same result the middle monitor still black/blank and rear still works.

Old 06-22-2013, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by ssdavid02
Sorry didn't put enough info . In the video it showed the blank middle screen and the rear as a split screen . We have seen this before but after what seemed to be like an hour or if we hit a bump the rear would come back on but still blank black screen on middle monitor. And it has stayed like this for almost a year , till I saw the video and ordered the cable. I myself put the cable in the middle monitor as shown . I have much experience with car audio and install so it was a snap. When I put everything back together however still the same result the middle monitor still black/blank and rear still works.
I have only had this happen one time when the cable was installed upside down. The reason the rear most monitor, 3rd row, flickers or comes on intermittently is because of the 2nd row monitor communication. The crack in the old 2nd row cable causes the 3rd row signal to come and go with vibration, like you have experienced.
Why the 2nd row did not come back on after replacing cable is the strange part. Double check that the connections are correct with the new cable in the 2nd row. The video shows the correct orientation of the cable. Also check that the ZIF sockets are allowing the cable to slide in easily, then are holding tight when the ZIF latches are engaged.
Just to clarify, is the 3rd row actually showing a DVD movie or just the blank split screen?
Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: 08 Town & Country VES Problem