Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1998 Town and Country Gauge Cluster Problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 09:50 AM
Default 1998 Town and Country Gauge Cluster Problems

I bought a 1998 T&C with the gauge cluster is out. Absolutely none of the gauges work, no mileage, and no shift selector LCD. The only thing that works on the dash is the lights when you turn the lights on. Another thing is the horn does not work when locking using the remote, but the horn does work with the horn switch in the steering wheel. I do notice the temp and gas gauges do jump about 1/4 of an inch when turning the key to the first two possitions but that is the only life out of any gauges. Here is what I have done to no avail:

>Replaced with WORKING dash - still no gauges, no mileage, or shifter LCD.
>Did the dash test by pressing trip and reset while turining key to "ON" - nothing happens, no codes.
>Disconnected battery for 2 minutes - still same problems
>pulled iod fuse - still same problems
>checked fuses - did not see any that were blown.

What can I do to test this? Does anyone have the wireing diagram for the gauge cluster? I would like to test the plug terminals that directly go into the dash, does anyone know how to do that?

Thanks in advanced.

Old 08-12-2009, 08:05 PM
Unhappy

Originally Posted by running_swift@hotmail.com
I bought a 1998 T&C with the gauge cluster is out. Absolutely none of the gauges work, no mileage, and no shift selector LCD. The only thing that works on the dash is the lights when you turn the lights on. Another thing is the horn does not work when locking using the remote, but the horn does work with the horn switch in the steering wheel. I do notice the temp and gas gauges do jump about 1/4 of an inch when turning the key to the first two possitions but that is the only life out of any gauges. Here is what I have done to no avail:

>Replaced with WORKING dash - still no gauges, no mileage, or shifter LCD.
>Did the dash test by pressing trip and reset while turining key to "ON" - nothing happens, no codes.
>Disconnected battery for 2 minutes - still same problems
>pulled iod fuse - still same problems
>checked fuses - did not see any that were blown.

What can I do to test this? Does anyone have the wireing diagram for the gauge cluster? I would like to test the plug terminals that directly go into the dash, does anyone know how to do that?

Thanks in advanced.
Same problem as mine..Grand Vogagers LE 3.8L...Visited many repair could not find out what problem...ABS light one all time...
Any one help please. Thanks Advance

Old 08-13-2009, 01:49 PM

Hi
Disconnect the heater panel 21 pin plug and see then. look for burning on that plug.

Old 08-14-2009, 05:35 PM

Thanks your reply
I will do check as your advice...and and will let you know result