Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1998 voyager 3.3 le battery/starting/lights

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2013, 06:52 AM
Default 1998 voyager 3.3 le battery/starting/lights

Hello all,

I have just brought the above voyager, test drove it and ummed and arreed about it,
Picked it up drove it 35ish miles home with no problems whatsoever, parked up for 30 mins then went to go to petrol station nothing just clicking, got it going and ticks over and drives fine again apart from the centre dash auxillery buttons is aircon demister etc we're flashing for a good 15 minutes.

Again problem starting it and the same would happen everything works as it should,

Haven't had time to test anything and wouldn't know where to start
I have tested the alternated output via the battery and reads between 13.5 and 14 v, so I presume the alternator is fine, will be testing battery when I get home to see. If it has lost its charge after disconnecting it.

Any info would be very much appreciated to this first time Chrysler owner
Darren

Old 10-08-2013, 05:31 PM

> Make sure battery connections are squeaky clean and tight.

> Try jump starting with jumper cables. If it starts you likely have a weak battery.

> Measure voltage at battery with engine off. Should see a minimum of 12.1 volts. Alternator sounds ok.

> Have the battery load tested.

> Flashing A/C lights indicates possible low voltage or voltage spike. If your A/C is working try a HVAC calibration in post #7 here: http://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-ca...formation.html

Last edited by Raptor 07; 10-08-2013 at 05:37 PM.
Old 10-08-2013, 11:31 PM

Thank you raptor 07,
Tested battery all fine, it appears that the guy I brought it off did mention he might of left something on before I brought it but never charged the battery up.
So after a nights charge, and then left all day without connecting it it held its charge 😊, got to petrol station and back, next test to see if it will wake up and take me to work lol

Regarding the flashing lights I will attempt the reset later on during the day

Again thanks for the advice and pointing me in the right direction
Darren

Old 10-09-2013, 06:30 AM

All running fine now just a dead battery, have run the calibration tests and it has sorted some of the flashing lights,

I just have the recirc and a/c lights flashing which if I have read it right the cooling down test failed, would this be a re gas of the a/c or would this indicate another problem?
Again many thanks in advance
Darren

Old 10-09-2013, 02:23 PM

The cool down test is looking for a temperature differential. Don't recall the specs. If the van interior is too cool it may not see it. Try heating it up first then engage the test. Again, if your A/C is not working and you engage the test, it will fail with flashing lights until you repair the A/C and it passes the test. Seems logical low refrigerant would make it fail as long as it's not so low the compressor doesn't turn on but I've never read of it.