Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2.8 CRD Timing belt alignment tools

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2014, 12:28 AM
kkc

As you are accessing the back of the motor... you may also wish to change the thermostat and clean out the egr valve and pipes. It will save you the hassle later on. Just be aware that there are a couple of reverse direction bolts...!!!

Old 10-13-2014, 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by TimmyTim
If there is anyone in the Cardiff area that wants to give me a hand to do mine with me. Beer tokens and Snap-on tech angle torque wrench waiting. I bought the timing gear tools in my last post...
Good find for the locking tools. Just purchased. Never thought to search ebay for LDV engines.

I'm in Herefordshire, so not too far away from Cardiff. I will be doing mine on the week commencing 27th Oct as I have to take a couple of days of to look after the kids. As suggested elsewhere I will also have a look at the ERG but my thermostat has already been replaced, so don't know how long the procedure will take. If mine goes ok, then I may be able to come down and lend a hand, if I can find something for the family to do for a few hours.

Or you can always mosey on up here and do them both at the same time. No garage unfortunately.

Cheers

Fraser

Old 10-13-2014, 05:27 AM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by fjinnes
Good find for the locking tools. Just purchased. Never thought to search ebay for LDV engines.

I'm in Herefordshire, so not too far away from Cardiff. I will be doing mine on the week commencing 27th Oct as I have to take a couple of days of to look after the kids. As suggested elsewhere I will also have a look at the ERG but my thermostat has already been replaced, so don't know how long the procedure will take. If mine goes ok, then I may be able to come down and lend a hand, if I can find something for the family to do for a few hours.

Or you can always mosey on up here and do them both at the same time. No garage unfortunately.

Cheers

Fraser
Hi Fraser,

I'm off on the 27th. So if you are about then I don't mind coming to you and we can both do them togeter. I'll change my water pump at the same time. Change all the rollers. Already done the alternator belt tensioner and rollers and power steering belt. Thinking about what brand to go for! Think I might go for a gates belt and roller. What's your thoughts? I have already got all the antifreeze. Went for Comma stuff especially for Chrysler.

My car is on a 56 plate, so the EGR valve is at front of car

Old 10-13-2014, 05:30 AM
Old 10-13-2014, 08:02 AM

Or you could come to me as I have a garage and a long drive. Plus all the Snap-on tools including 3T low lift alloy jack...

Old 10-13-2014, 03:38 PM

Couldn't resist the locking tools. Have also ordered Alternator and Air Con belts, Continental brand from Latvia.
Also looking into changing Alternator belt tensioner, complete unit, as I think its that that's making the ringing noise and will confirm on here. Anyone got a good source for these as cheapest seems to be £64 from Latvia.

Old 10-13-2014, 03:45 PM
kkc

i just remembered. my timing belt pulleys were fine (I got these as a timing belt kit). On the other hand, my accessory belt pulleys and tensioner were finished...I ended up waiting a couple of days to get replacements. so it is a good idea to change these at the same time....!!!

Old 10-13-2014, 07:08 PM
Old 10-13-2014, 07:10 PM
Old 10-13-2014, 07:11 PM

Quick Reply: 2.8 CRD Timing belt alignment tools