Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

2.8 CRD Timing belt alignment tools

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2014, 07:13 PM

On check out! Type in code- saveme75 to get a discount! This is the cheapest I found and bought them all. Great quality.

Old 10-13-2014, 07:29 PM

Chrysler Voyager 2.5 2.8 CRD 2001-2007 Alternator Belt Deflection / Guide Pulley | eBay

And I bought this to! Cheap as chips and fantastic service.

Old 10-13-2014, 07:36 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by goggs
Couldn't resist the locking tools. Have also ordered Alternator and Air Con belts, Continental brand from Latvia.
Also looking into changing Alternator belt tensioner, complete unit, as I think its that that's making the ringing noise and will confirm on here. Anyone got a good source for these as cheapest seems to be £64 from Latvia.

The one from Latvia is the same as the one I've put a link to as far as I remember! INA and free delivery. The pulley from ebay is the same as the one from carparts4less but a fraction of the cost... £17.50 compaired to £56.34

Last edited by TimmyTim; 10-13-2014 at 07:44 PM.
Old 10-13-2014, 07:41 PM

TRIPLE QX 5w40 Fully Synthetic Engine Oil 5Ltr

While we are on the subjects of bargains! This is the oil I have in my Toyota Celica GT4 205 and its amazing stuff! Especially as its a very high grade oil! Having the latest API SN quality and also high diesel specs. All for £11.55 delivered with code "Saveme75"

This is what will be going in the GV next oil change! Mobil 1 0w-40 in there atm...

Old 10-14-2014, 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by TimmyTim
Hi Fraser,

I'm off on the 27th. So if you are about then I don't mind coming to you and we can both do them togeter. I'll change my water pump at the same time. Change all the rollers. Already done the alternator belt tensioner and rollers and power steering belt. Thinking about what brand to go for! Think I might go for a gates belt and roller. What's your thoughts? I have already got all the antifreeze. Went for Comma stuff especially for Chrysler.

My car is on a 56 plate, so the EGR valve is at front of car

I will not know which days that I have off until the week before, as that's when the wife will know her shift pattern. So it could be any of the 5 days of that week.

If you are replacing the water pump, how are you planning on taking off the camshaft sprockets to get the rear cover off? In an ideal world, one of these would be great - Miller Special Tools VM.1085 LOCKING TOOL. I think a bar with a couple of holes drilled in it and a couple of bolts through them may have to do for me.

As I have the kids, I may end up splitting the job over a couple of days, so leaving a voyager in bits on somebody else's driveway is a bit of a no no. Not to mention how to get home :-)

Cheers

Fraser

Old 10-14-2014, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by TimmyTim
Or you could come to me as I have a garage and a long drive. Plus all the Snap-on tools including 3T low lift alloy jack...

Snap-on Tools mmmmmm!!!

I have one 13mm Snap-on spanner that I found on a drip tray under my old Renault 18 in 1988 :-)

Old 10-15-2014, 03:09 AM

I hadn't really looked into whats involved with doing the water pump! Might have to leave that if it's gonna be a faff! Prob doesn't need a change, just thought I would while doing the belts. I changed all the coolant last year so thats cool! Excuse the pun! Lol...

Old 10-17-2014, 07:12 AM

To remove the water pump you have to remove the timing cover back plate, which involves removing the camshaft pulleys.... this is why you MUST USE LOCKING PINS to do this job. The pulleys are not keyed onto the cams. You also need to lock the flywheel in positions too.

To hold the pulleys you need a universal locking tool... bit like a massive pair of scissors with pins that go into the round holes in the timing wheels.

I got a set for around £15...

Easy job when you have these. I did my water pump last time I did the belts... 2001 CRD with 148K miles on the clock... TBH the original pump was like new, no signs of wear.... just did it to be on the safe side.

Old 10-20-2014, 03:45 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by matgriff
To remove the water pump you have to remove the timing cover back plate, which involves removing the camshaft pulleys.... this is why you MUST USE LOCKING PINS to do this job. The pulleys are not keyed onto the cams. You also need to lock the flywheel in positions too.

To hold the pulleys you need a universal locking tool... bit like a massive pair of scissors with pins that go into the round holes in the timing wheels.

I got a set for around £15...

Easy job when you have these. I did my water pump last time I did the belts... 2001 CRD with 148K miles on the clock... TBH the original pump was like new, no signs of wear.... just did it to be on the safe side.
Some great info there mate

Would you say that its not worth changing the water pump then? Where did you buy yhe tool from for £15? If you don't mind me asking.

Old 10-20-2014, 03:49 PM
Talking

Originally Posted by fjinnes
Snap-on Tools mmmmmm!!!

I have one 13mm Snap-on spanner that I found on a drip tray under my old Renault 18 in 1988 :-)
I use to be into messing about with cars! But as I get older! My bones are starting to say no! Lol... I manged to get hold of all my Snap-on gear off Ebay for cheap money! For some reason I have a fascination with torque wrenches! Lol. I don't know why! But I have 8 of the bloody things?

Quick Reply: 2.8 CRD Timing belt alignment tools