Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2 good keys, but impossible to enter programming mode, help please

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2014, 06:40 AM
Default 2 good keys, but impossible to enter programming mode, help please

hi
i bought another 2006 town coutry, with 2 good keys and key fobs, i bought a third key to program like i have done in my other T&C, but this one for some reason does not enter in programming mode, i tested with all seconds intervals from 3 to 15 but no way to get the chime, the same happens with the key fobs unlock 5 sec after both panic for 1 second nothing happens.

i do not know why this happens, some time ago i found out one post regarding forcing the programing in the pcm module but i cannot find it anymore.

anyone have some idea to test?

thanks in advance

Old 10-07-2014, 07:25 AM

I'd be interested in this as I have a 2007 year Voyager XS that I have bought a new fob for that I can't program.

Old 10-07-2014, 10:31 AM

but do you get some kind of chime or light when you try to program?
my car does nothing, but about an hour i tried to program using the method but without information from car, and strange my key was programmed and worked, after that i removed the batterie of the fob (china made key with fob at the end of key) and tested again and no go.
regarding programming the fob itself even if i do the method without info from car, nothing happens, but if i use other codes for fob like horn when locking etc it works.

Old 10-17-2014, 07:16 AM

I have exactly the same problem.

2001 voyager CRD owned from new. Have both original RFID keys & fobs.

I recently got a new RFID key, had it cut but cannot program it following the recognised procedure !!

Same thing as you... it won't enter programming mode after inserting the 2nd key...

not that this helps you :-(

Old 11-07-2014, 04:30 PM

hi guys, the info does not help but makes the thread alive like i am doing now.
same time ago i found one post about programming from the PCM (i belive this is the name of it) the box that controls all this stuff, some kind of wires and bridges to do, but i cannot find it anymore, the post was here in this forum.

i sucessfully program my key 2 times the car works great, but for some reason after five minutes the key does not work anymore.
i program the same way but i get no info from car chimes etc.

Last edited by estrika; 11-07-2014 at 04:32 PM.
Old 11-07-2014, 05:18 PM

estrika, do you have a panic button on the 6 buton remote?

Search the forum / put in the word panic / click show posts button / click go - lots of info in here found by searching for the word panic.

Old 11-16-2014, 04:59 AM

hi qinteq, originally my keyfob does not have the panic key, but the pcb have it, i have a china made cover plastic and rubber like your photo that have the panic button and it works in my pcb fob (if i press it the alarm sounds)
now, why do you ask for that, does it have something to do for programming new keys?

Old 11-16-2014, 06:04 AM

- the 6th 'panic' button has everything to do with 'customer programmable features'
- its the computer equivalent of 'save and action this instruction'
- yes the pcb is international for all country codes, its the 'save' [panic] button that's missing for different countries
- so the micro-switch pre-exists on the EURO-FOB, but the 6 track plastic isolator vane is missing
- anyone buying a 6 button FOB must get the plastic isolator vane then the 6th micro-switch will work on the button in the key-shell

Search the forum / put in the word panic / click show posts button / click go - lots of info in here found by searching for the word panic.

Old 11-16-2014, 09:00 AM

yep, i have that china made fob that i get isolater vane and rubber cover, in fact i bought the keyfob with key in it, i cut the key and tried to programm transponder, no go, after that tried to program fob (for that i need panic button i used the china key fob pieces to have it in my original fob)

as i said some post above i do not get chime but i if make the procedure for programming transponder keys the new key works, i remove all keys from vehicule, and insert new programmed key and it works, several sucesseful tries ok, i get out of the car enter it runs, go home to drink a beer 5 minutes and does not work anymore, really strange dont you think

Last edited by estrika; 11-16-2014 at 09:07 AM.
Old 11-16-2014, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by estrika
yep, i have that china made fob that i get isolater vane and rubber cover, in fact i bought the keyfob with key in it, i cut the key and tried to programme transponder, no go, after that tried to program fob (for that i need panic button i used the china key fob pieces to have it in my original fob)

as i said some post above i do not get chime but i if make the procedure for programming transponder keys the new key works, i remove all keys from vehicle, and insert new programmed key and it works, several successful tries ok, i get out of the car enter it runs, go home to drink a beer 5 minutes and does not work any more, really strange don't you think
- no that will never work friend
- the proper FOB only with the enclosed end
- and the FOB you bought with the key in it are the same thing
- the key blank is held in place with a grub screw and easily removable

That blank you bought is a is a blank only - a piece of unintelligent metal - it has no RFID sentry transponder in it and can not be programmed. You need a proper grey [not black or any other colour] Chrysler key [see below] in order to programme it.

RFID / SENTRY / PATS COMPUTER CHIP TRANSPONDER KEY

Quick Reply: 2 good keys, but impossible to enter programming mode, help please