Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2001 Blower problems!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2006, 01:53 PM
pj
Default 2001 Blower problems!!!

I own a 2001 Chrysler Town & Country with front & rear heat & a/c. Just recently, the front & rear blower fans quit working. Here's the evidence / facts. Both fans will work on the highest / max. blower settings. The blowers will not work on any other blower settings.
1) Does anyone have experience, idea(s), part no(s), &/or cost(s) regarding this problem?
2) Can I fix this problem myself?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks.....PJ

Old 02-20-2006, 08:58 PM
Default RE: 2001 Blower problems!!!

I am currently having the same problem, my heater controls work on their own setting, and when you power off the unit the blowers goes to your feet on high, major help needed, I have tried a different unit (hopefully I can return it and get my $85 back) and the other unit doesn't help.

Old 02-20-2006, 10:42 PM
ace

pj sounds like your problem is the blower motor resistor but the fact that they both went out at the same time is fishy if they went out at dif times then i can believe its the blower motor resistors if i hda your vin i could tell you the part numbers for them and the price depends if you have atc or not if you have atc then price jumps up
if you do not have atc then p#4883583aa would be$11.50 rear would be P5019189aa price$16.75
dont quote me on that some dealers bump the price a bit and i am not sure what your vin is good luck

as far as kevin hmm you say it works fine when on but when you power it off it goes to high and blows at your feet huh
does the blower actually go to high or could it be its just the outside air the blower motor only controls the speeds of the blower motor it kinda sounds like you have a ducting problem with an actuator or something but without taking it in to get it looked at you might be guessing diag time should only be about 80.00 so if you return the part maybe you can get it looked at with the money did you buy the part at a mopar dealer or a junkyard most places have a policy electrical parts are not returnable but if you got it at a dealer maybe you can make a deal who know we have done it in the past.
good luck kevin and if you can describe the actuall problem a bitmore in detail i might be able to point you at a tsb or something

Old 02-20-2006, 11:30 PM

I guess the easiest way to explain it; I picked the wife up at her work and drove the cold car home, she stated that the heater controls were not working, she couldnt change any settings except the temp but that only changes on the display, so no I cant change the fan speeds, or where it blows, and when I turn the power off it only blows on my feet at high speed, I havent had this problem before, my van does have 100000 miles on it so I know it will eventually have probs, I just dont understand this one much. thanks, Kevin

Old 02-20-2006, 11:32 PM

more to add, when I went to pick up my wife the heater seemed to be working fine, so somewhere along the line something failed, I do have the atc controls for front and rear

Old 02-20-2006, 11:35 PM
ace

what module did you try a new control head(all the controls on it) or the blower module becouse it sounds like you have atc you mentioned the digital numbers kinda(only changes on the display)

Old 02-20-2006, 11:47 PM

the control head, I just pulled a module out, was in the same location as everyone described however it has aluminum cast fins, is this the resistor then?

Old 02-20-2006, 11:54 PM
ace

wher did you buy it from are you sure you got the correct one for your minivan?
if so then perhaps it may be the blower motor module 5179985aa about 60 bucks + tax

Old 02-20-2006, 11:57 PM

got it from someone I know who runs a reputable junk yard, and I have seen the grand caravan it came from, any ideas on what the resistor should look like for my van

Old 02-21-2006, 12:06 AM
ace

its the blower motor power module located under the dash passneger side i think.(not sure have only seen diags of them)
it looks like a big heat sink about the size of a hmm maybe like a deck of playing cards might be a bit bigger though black on the connector side and silver where the heat sinks are. like i said i am not positive but if he got you the correct ac control head not much else electrical in the system. did you chekc the part numbers on your old one to the new one?did they look the same?

Quick Reply: 2001 Blower problems!!!