Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2001 t&c awd shutdown in motion

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2013, 08:58 PM
Default 2001 t&c awd shutdown in motion

I have a Town and Country with under 101,000 miles on it. I was driving down the road when it shutdown completely and everything was lit up. I pulled into a parking lot and shut the ignition off. But everything was still lit. The digital PRND3L (or something like that) odometer was still lit. And a few lights were on, tranny alarm, and i think oil. This is with the key out. I placed the key back in and tried to turn it over and nothing not even those lights budged. So I figured I will unplug the battery and reconnect. Well it worked. I continued on my way to the store and back home. So on my way back home my van dies again. I pulled into the parking lot. Disconnected and reconnected the batteries it didn't work after several times. I called a tow company and gieco said that she will call me back. I figured I'll leave the battery disconnected longer. I reconnected it and then it ran and I drove home then geico called and I cancelled the town. Keep this in mind. The battery is new and when i got it home i ran the car with the battery disconnected. So it's not a battery problem. It's not the alternator. I''m thinking it's the vehicle computer. I also tried to roll down the windows but the windows didn't work during this breakdown. The interior and locks worked.. Does anyone agree with me? It's not a starter problem or a solenoid problem or an o2 sensor as that is brand new. It's got something to do with the electronics.