Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2001 Uk Grand Voyager - Reverse lights stopped working

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by goggs
Go back to 11-21-2013 No reverse lights. I've got same problem still to sort out. It seems its the BCM that controls the rear backup lights, but the signal for it must come from the Gearbox. Auto-boxes probably get signal from gear its in on dash.
I was told by my MOT Garage that I needed a new gearbox switch and asked if I wanted it ordered. Would have got it sorted by now if I had.
Wire for Backup lights in boot is White/Light Green.

2003 Voyager Ltd, 2.5CRD.
No reverse lights dodge caravan

2001-07 Dodge Grand Caravans use the Body Control Module (BCM) to turn on the back-up lights. If you have a situation with No reverse lights dodge caravan, read this post. The BCM also controls the power door locks, automatic door locks, door lock inhibit (child locks), chime driver, compass, trip computer, interior lighting, power liftgate, exterior lighting headlight time delay, automatic headlights, illuminated entry, interior light fade to off feature, and instrument panel lighting.
The BCM looks for signal from the gear shift. If you move the shifter through all the positions and the correct gear position lights up on the instrument cluster, move on to the next step. Disconnect the BCM C2 connector. The BCM is located behind the driver’s side of the dash. Connect a fused wire from a 12v power source and apply the 12-volts to the white/light green wire on the connector. If the backup lights work, the BCM is faulty and must be replaced with a new and dealer-programmed unit

Old 07-24-2014, 03:30 PM

Cheers QinteQ but I have a manual. I suspect that it is the switch in the gearstick assembly... its a few pounds to buy and fitting seems to be basically quite straightforward, at least i have a cheap thing to test first.

As it is manual I don't get the display on the dash of the gear i am in... So i assume there is no BCM for this in the manual gearbox.

I could be wrong...

Any other ideas out there?

Ta,

Rob.

Old 07-24-2014, 04:24 PM

Its still an on going fault this, that needs a picture and run up to finale....I'll get round to it eventually and if first will picture and schematic.
I'm also Manual gearbox and still wondering if its adjustable.

Old 07-24-2014, 06:15 PM

As far as I'm aware they started using a BCM from the 01 to the 07. They used a PCI-DATA network and saved a mint on wiring costs and we [allegedly] saved the weight on MPG. Is this schematic any good as a clue to what / where ?

BCM

Power door locks, automatic door locks, door lock inhibit (child locks), chime driver, compass, trip computer, interior lighting, power liftgate, exterior lighting headlight time delay, automatic headlights, illuminated entry, interior light fade to off feature, and instrument panel lighting

Old 07-25-2014, 05:04 AM

Looks good QinteQ, must take print out of these pictures for my fault finding and referance.

Old 06-18-2015, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by Merlin
Hi
There is a recall for reverse light switch might be an idea to get this check out.
Did anyone ever check with hChrysler i there was a recall for rerersing lights

Some articles suggest switch is in the wheel housing, no?

Old 06-18-2015, 02:47 PM

Switch is on the end of the gearbox and after removing left side wheel the switch is seen about 1 o'clock position. Try checking for slack connections first, is so squeeze connectors with pliers then refit.

Old 06-18-2015, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by goggs
Switch is on the end of the gearbox and after removing left side wheel the switch is seen about 1 o'clock position. Try checking for slack connections first, is so squeeze connectors with pliers then refit.
Tried that, but everything was connected properly so a new switch from Ebay for 23 pounds was the quick solution.
It can be easily done after removing the wheel but my "Tank" was in the garage anyway so I let the grease monkey do the work

Old 06-19-2015, 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by Vmaxxer
Tried that, but everything was connected properly so a new switch from Ebay for 23 pounds was the quick solution.
It can be easily done after removing the wheel but my "Tank" was in the garage anyway so I let the grease monkey do the work
Whats the proper name of the switch and part number

Old 06-19-2015, 06:41 AM

He, Vmaxxer posted the info just 2 days ago, his post is here. If you put the Mopar number in any search engine you get hundreds of hits such as this one which I chose at random. Here's a list of Jeep parts which are all identical [but check each part yourself] and includes the 'SWITCH BACK UP LAMP - Chrysler Jeep Part 05080774AA'.

Quick Reply: 2001 Uk Grand Voyager - Reverse lights stopped working