Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

2001 Voyager stuck in first

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 05:58 PM

Also, I'm not sure if it is related but really don't think so, About a week before and also the day before I had this issue my speedo gauge needle had some how got on the wrong side of the "0" pin. I searched on the net and found that if you just hold the little button in for a few seconds you get the gauge reset and the needle goes back to the right side of the pin. Like I said not sure if it is related or not.

Old 02-09-2010, 06:09 PM

Sorry didn't see your post before reposting again.
Is this the scanner you are talking about? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SNAP-...motiveQ5fTools
I know he has his scan tool hooked up to the left hand side of the steering wheel, being Aussie our steering wheels are on the right, not on the right above the fuse box. I think the port above the fuse box is the PCM port and the other port the TCM, is that right?

Old 02-09-2010, 06:25 PM

I rang around town and there is one mechanic here who has a snap-on scanner. If I can get him to hook it up to my car what should I get him to scan for? Should he plug it into which port? Above the fuse's or next to the center console? Also is there anything he can fix with the tool? Should I get him to remove the codes with that?

Old 02-09-2010, 06:38 PM

I only suggested the snap on scanner because it is VERY common world wide. It is a great tool. And it's the easiest scanner to use. The DLC 16pin trapezoid shaped connector is for ALL computers. You and your 'ace' mechanic have been getting Engine (pcm) codes NOT the transmission codes.

That link is for just the cartridge you need the whole scanner.

I'll let this other mechanic solve your problem. I have enough time invested in trying to help you. In fact I've spent more time responding than it would have taken me to fix it.

Old 02-09-2010, 06:48 PM

Ok so I did a bit more looking and reading and found that you need a scanner plus the scanner cartridges for each brand/model, that is what the above link is. I did find thgis though http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tchlink:top:en would be a good one to get then just have to add the newer chrysler cartidge, is that right?

Old 02-09-2010, 06:58 PM

I guess my US English skills are hard to translate to Aussie English.

I ONLY suggested the MT2500 scanner because it is used world wide, it is so easy to use (even an Aussie can use it), and it is a great tool.

There are many other quality scanners such as the OTC Genesis, Monitor 4000, Snap-on Solus, Snap-on Modus, Kent Moore Pro-link, DRBIII, and many more. A CHEAP code reader that many auto parts stores sell, is a junky toy.

Old 02-09-2010, 07:05 PM

I'll let this other mechanic solve your problem. I have enough time invested in trying to help you. In fact I've spent more time responding than it would have taken me to fix it.
"This other mechanic" is just like all the others here in town and have no clue when it comes to chryslers. I was just going to see if he could pull some codes that would help diagnose the actual issue. In our town there is three voyagers, one is ours and the other two are owned by the same family, husband and wifes cars. Besides that there is two new 300C's which are both taken to the city for servicing and repairs. There is absalutaly no one here who deals with these often hence the reason I'm here trying to get help.

I'm sorry you "have enough time invested in trying to help" and the "fact you've spent more time responding than it would have taken me to fix it" is quite anoying as this is going to cost me a **** load and nothing is fixed or even solved for that matter.

I will ask one last question, if that is ok, if I was to purchase one of the TCM's off line that say they will be plug and play and say that they can input all my cars details into it at their end so it works like the factory tcm will I be waisting my money or will it work??

Oh and one other "You and your 'ace' mechanic have been getting Engine (pcm) codes NOT the transmission codes." how do they get the tranny codes?

Thanks heaps for helping me with this issue and can see how it would be anoying waisting time on me but please consider how anoying it is for me having my family car in a garage for 9 days only to be told I have to pay a bill to them then take it to another garage for repair because they couldn't fix it. The most anoying thing is this chrysler garage is over 300kms away and I have to dry there in limp mode just to hand out a heap more cash to maybe fix the problem.

Old 02-09-2010, 07:06 PM

I'm sorry, once again but I was typing the other post while you were typing. Probably happened again just now so I will leave the site for a bit. Could you please answer my last questions and I will leave you alone.

Old 02-09-2010, 08:48 PM

I guess my US English skills are hard to translate to Aussie English.

I ONLY suggested the MT2500 scanner because it is used world wide, it is so easy to use (even an Aussie can use it), and it is a great tool.
I was sitting here reading through all these posts again and I really don't understand you. I came to this site after doing a lot of reading and still not having any answer, I came here for some advise because I couldn't get, what I thought, was the right answers. I thought I was quite polite and straight to the point. Then you posted an answer which I thought was taking the ****, and now after your last answers I am sure was the case, I snapped back. I sat on it for a couple of days and then realised that maybe I was hasty and thought I'd be the better man and apologise and see if I could get the answers I came for. Then you were quite helpful and tolerant with all my unknowledgable questions. Only for you to make the above comments. It amazes me that an intelligent man, you either are or just dribble **** and never really answer a question to make it look like you are intelligent, can be such a f*cking ******. Isn't it obvious that I am in need of some real help as I'm not getting any in my town. It ***** me to tears that you can get up on your high horse again and speak like a f*uck head with out actually adding any solution or real help for that matter. You say you have invested a heap of time in this, I beg to differ, I think I invest more time in doing a f*cking **** every day. How hard is it to read a few lines then answer with crap about being the "tranny King" but I can't suggest a solution with out looking at it. "OH I know it isn't the TCM because I have rebuilt a million of these since 89 and I'm a f*cking legend and I can count on one hand how many tcm 's I've replaced" you say yet you can't even point me in a direction to look at. It is people like you, with your downgrading answers, that make people like me, with no clue, shell out thousands of hard earned dollars to people who also have no clue because we can't get simple and un degrading answers at sites like this. If you didn't want to waste time on me you could have kept your f*cking hands in your pockets and not responded. At the end of the day I am still non the wiser, still have a car that isn't working, have an empty wallet that is only going to get emptier and your still a massive F*cking **** head who really doesn't have a f*cking clue either.

Old 02-10-2010, 01:22 PM
Super Moderator

are u guys done bickering?
syco if no one has a scanner that can get the trans codes then u have 3 choices

1 find some one that has one good enough to get them
2 sell the van to some one
3 just replace the whole transmission,wire harness and tcm prob solved.

Quick Reply: 2001 Voyager stuck in first