Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

2001 Voyager stuck in first

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 02:55 AM

I was just curious if you bog=ugh thte van in the US and brought it over there. Sounds like you need to press this company more for why the module is different.

I did a quick search with "Chrysler P0605" and here are a bunch if result, here are the 1st 4.

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Chrysler-...nd-Caravan.htm

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Chrysler-...code-P0605.htm

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...8200853AANmTUe

http://www.justanswer.com/questions/...y-check-engine

Sounds like you need to check the connector to this module and make sure it is clean and mounted tight on the module, otherwise, sounds like your module is no good, but read more of the results from this search because other things can cause this.

on edit.. here is more from another thread

P0605
Definition
BBTCM ROM fault
EXPlanation
BBECM detected a ROM self test failure uithin the rCM
Probable cause
331.- Shorted solenoid or sensor within transnission
632.- Shorted electrical circuit
BB3.- Failed TCM

Okay y'all --- Here is the fix. I took it to a mechanic and he said start by replacing the ECM (Engine Control Module) to take care of the P0601 code. Chrysler dealer wanted $750 for a new ECM 7 $200 to program it (insert VIN # and Milage etc). I searched ebay and found this place in Florida (SOLO AUTOMOTIVE COMPUTERS, 1-800-886-9926 soloauto@comcast.net) and paid $225 for a refurbished with all of the programming done and free shipping and lifetime warranty (as long as I own the vehicle). I installed it and it took care of the P0601 code but the transmission still would not shift. I read online and a Chrysler Mechanic said everytime he has seen the P0605 it has been a bad TCM (Transmission Control Module). I bought a refurbished one from SOLO for $230 free shipping & programming & lifetime warranty. I put it in an whala transmission started working and all error codes were gone. I hope this will be usefull to someone. I spent $455 and fixed it myself --- a dealer would have wanted $1500 to $2000 to fix it. So I saved $1000 to $1500 ---- That makes working on your own vehicles worth while!!!

Fixit

Last edited by mrfixit454; 02-27-2010 at 03:05 AM.
Old 02-27-2010, 03:28 AM

Thanks again for the reply fixit. Yeah I had read most of those posts before. I have done a lot of reading on the net about this and I think I am going to have to do the inevidable and replace my TCM.
Purchased the car here in Australia from Chrysler Australia. They bring them over and are built from factory as right hand drive for the Aussie market. Not sure what is actually different about the US and Aussie TCM's, might give a US Chrysler service department a call on Monday and see if they can shed some light on it. You would think they would be the same unless it is because of the KM/H and not M/H like in the US.
Had the car at a transmision mechanic for nearly 2 weeks and he said he checked all the pins and read outs on them, checked and replaced earth leads, looked inside tranny and all looked and smelt good, looked inside TCM and all looked and smelt good so I guess the last thing is the TCM is stuffed. I will do some more reading and ringing around on Monday and try to see if a US unit could be used.

Old 03-01-2010, 04:33 AM

Just been reading through your thred. Sounds like you've been having a nightmare.

Don't know how practical my suggestion will be as it sounds like you live in a bit of a remote location, but if I were you I'd start looking in scrap yards or e-bay for a written off 3.3 voyager that is being broken up for parts.

*IF* you could find one.......you'd probably get the whole tranny for a few hundred dollars and get it fitted for a few hundred more.....I'm sure it'd be much cheaper than the TCM you are trying to source.

Whatever you do...good luck!

Old 03-02-2010, 05:01 PM

That is not a bad idea idea at all. I'll ring up a few wreckers today and see what happens. Also I had mentioned a few posts back about a compony that rebuilds TCMs http://www.autocomputerexchange.com/
I have rang them and they say they can rebuild my TCM for $250 plus postage from Aus to the US and back. Thanks for the last post though, I will ring around today as they may be the cheaper option

Old 03-27-2010, 04:25 AM

Hello Syco
Wow, I believe I'm having the same problem with my 2001 Chrysler T&C. I haven't had the code read yet, this just happened last week. I have been driving my other car until I can get it checked out. While driving my van I noticed it wasn't driving quite right, felt like if I was towing something and then the engine light came on. I then realized it wasn't shifting into the next gear. I also noticed my RPM's were up in the 4000's range while I was only driving at a speed of 40-45 mph. I've been trying to find out any info on all these auto forums. I've been quite lucky finding answers to my van's many problems over the last 5 years on these forums. I'm ready to junk this mini van but I'm not in a position to buy another car any time soon. Over the last 5 years it has been one thing after another and I do keep up the regular maintance on it. I've had the passenger window motor go out, passenger side windshield wiper motor go out, racket pinion on the driver side replaced, brakes at least every year, back lift door not working, automatic door lock/unlock working off and on, oh and my airbag light came on about a month ago and the horn doesn't work. Horn will go off if I open the door with the valet key. A/C blows cold air on driver side but hot on passenger side, just the opposite with the heater. 2 years ago I was told by the mech. fixing the racket pinion that my transmission was going out, based on a whine he was hearing. I checked out the auto forums at that time and was advised to change the tranny's fluid and filter. That seemed to fix the problem. Oh yes, one more thing, it is now leaking oil very slowy, need to get that checked out next. Oh my, this list is getting to long! I guess the only good thing about this van is that I get pretty good gas mileage for the size of this van. 19 mph on the streets and 23 mph on the highway. Hope to get the code read tomorrow. I hope you find an answer and solution on your van. I know how frustrating it can be. Good luck.

Old 03-30-2010, 07:26 AM

was just wondering if you got this problem fixed as i have the same problem i have replaced the tcm twice now with a rebulit one from ace in america still no fix

Old 03-31-2010, 12:16 PM

hey dgrajeda and daniel still no fix. I'm feeling your pain dgrajeda, money is real tight in our house at the moment and our second car's fuel pump has given up and that is another $500 - $600 job so the van is our only vehicle at the moment and I'm just limping around town, luckely it is only a small town and most trips are under 10 minutes. Hey Daniel are you in the US or Australia? I was going to send my tcm over to ace as they told me that the US tcm's are actually different to the Aussie versions. They have told me that they can re-build mine and it should be fine as they have done that wil costomers from here in the past. If coin wasn't so tight it would have been fixed by now but you get that. As soon as I do have a solution I will be sure to post it here for every one though. Could you both keep me posted also if you get a fix, it would be greatly appreciated.

Old 03-31-2010, 05:21 PM

This is getting good. Which if you three is going to have the first successful repair?

Last edited by mrfixit454; 03-31-2010 at 05:24 PM.
Old 03-31-2010, 10:38 PM

Hello, Well I went to a local garage and they pulled up the codes of PO700 and PO755. Before doing this, I had put the question up on Just answer.Chrysler and the "expert" mechanic said this PO755 meant there was a problem with the L/R solenoid. When I looked up the code it said "shift solenoid B". He did say it was not difficult to do it myself and gave instructions and what size socket/wrench would be needed. He also said it would take about 2 hours to do the work. So I guess I will order the solenoid pack and trying fixing myself. I'll keep you posted on the out come.

Old 04-01-2010, 06:18 AM

Hello again dgrajeda I wish I could find some one to pull the right codes from mine. No one in my local area can pull the actual tcm codes so I'm still stumped as to the real issues of mine.

Quick Reply: 2001 Voyager stuck in first