Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2001 voyager vebasto problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2015, 04:49 PM
Default 2001 voyager vebasto problem

Hello my car 2001 model voyager 2.5 crd manual
vebasto problem does not automatically turned cold weather may have been disabled vebasto Is it possible to open it by coding the ignition?
2001 CRD voyagerl manual can be downloaded from the web relevant to the anlatıldıg Have a file of these coding

Old 01-28-2015, 06:03 PM

My auxilary heater wasn't working because the fuel line was disconnected.
After I connected the fuel line t still didnt work
After I removed the aux heater fuse (fuse 15) for a little time and connect it again the heater did reset and started working again.

Old 01-29-2015, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Vmaxxer
My auxilary heater wasn't working because the fuel line was disconnected.
After I connected the fuel line t still didnt work
After I removed the aux heater fuse (fuse 15) for a little time and connect it again the heater did reset and started working again.

No. 15 had no insurance on my insurance table name on each insurance
Which fuse number 15 you think?

Old 01-29-2015, 01:15 PM

timeline of my insurance table

Attached Thumbnails 2001 voyager vebasto problem-sigorta-tablosu-1.jpg  
Old 01-29-2015, 02:48 PM

I think it was this fuse. with running engine pull the fuse, wait 30 seconds and put it back

Attached Thumbnails 2001 voyager vebasto problem-sigorta-tablosu-1.jpg  
Old 01-29-2015, 03:59 PM

No, not by coding the IGN. All the IPM does is feed it power. All the intelligence is in the Webasto chipset itself. If the temperature condition exists it will start its own mini-fuel-pump and draw a temporary 17a for its glow plug and fan. Ditto when shutting down, cutting the IGN switch will mean the Webasto draws about 5 minutes of power after IGN off exists to empty its swirl bowl and burn any remaining fuel into the atmosphere by heating the glow plug. Do what Vmaxxer suggested and

- start by chasing the wiring from the under car heater unit to the IPM
- or chasing the wiring from the fuse / IPM to the under heater unit

Best of luck.

Old 12-08-2015, 03:15 PM

I removed the fuse for some 20 sec, butthe heater still does not working. Any ideas? I can hear its running and sometimes diesel burn smell comes from underneath, but no heater lit.

Old 12-08-2015, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Andrips
I removed the fuse for some 20 sec, butthe heater still does not working. Any ideas? I can hear its running and sometimes diesel burn smell comes from underneath, but no heater lit.
Removed with the car running ?

Old 12-08-2015, 05:34 PM

Yes car was running as suggested above.

Old 12-09-2015, 12:34 AM

I'm pretty sure that the heater is running and helping to warm up the engine/coolant. Yesterday morning I didn't switch ON the ac unit on max and auto, in 10 minutes time the engine was just a little bit warm (temperature gauge had little movement), this morning I switched the ac on full blast. First few minutes it was shown message - delay and start counting down from 2.00min till 1.45,then again restarted. But I could feel and heard the heater was running, could smell the smoke to. The best thing is, the engine warmth up to correct temperature in about 8-10 minutes. Maybe the heater is a little bit faulty, but it's still working. I will check the wires over the weekend, maybe some loose contact somewhere.

Quick Reply: 2001 voyager vebasto problem