Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2003 Chrysler T&C windshiled washer.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 04:31 PM
Question 2003 Chrysler T&C windshiled washer.....

.........project.
My front windshield washer pump plotzed.
At $60.00 plus for a new one, I am not eager to replace it. If I can procrastinate, maybe something will come along at a better price.....or not.

Read somewhere here in the forum a how-to access the windshild washer pumps, front and back. I recall it is in the passanger front wheel well? Someone even identified the rear as being on the top or bottom of the two washer pumps mounted positions.

Would be grateful if someone could help me with some or any details on how to do this.

I am thinking I could use the pump for the rear washer to send washer liquid to the front winshield by just switching the hoses.

Any help would sure be apreciated.

Thanks.

Old 02-26-2011, 08:57 PM
Super Moderator

one pump for both front and rear

REMOVAL
Disconnect and isolate the battery negative cable.
Remove the engine fresh air housing inside the engine compartment (Refer to 9 - ENGINE/AIR INTAKE SYSTEM/AIR CLEANER HOUSING - REMOVAL).
Disconnect the washer hose at the in-line connector forward of the cowl grille so that the in-line connector remains with the washer hose from the fresh air plenum.
Disconnect the washer hose from the hose clip located on the front fender side shield.
Remove the filler tube screw.
Hoist and support vehicle on hoist or jack stands.
Remove the right front wheel and tire assembly (Refer to 22 - TIRES/WHEELS - REMOVAL).
Disconnect the left right front wheelhouse splash shield and move aside (Refer to 23 - BODY/EXTERIOR/WHEELHOUSE SPLASH SHIELD - REMOVAL).
Drain washer fluid from the reservoir and into a suitable clean container. This can be done by disconnecting the windshield washer hose from the front (outboard) washer pump and allowing the washer fluid to drain into a container through a temporary jumper hose connected to the front washer pump.
Disconnect the electrical body harness connectors to the washer pump motors and the fluid level sensor. Slide the red lock on the connector to the release position, then, depress the black tab and pull the connector off the pump or sensor.
Remove the two reservoir mounting screws.
Disconnect the reservoir from the body mount by raising the reservoir upward slightly and then down so that the reservoir filler neck and front washer hose pull through the opening in the front fender side shield.
Remove pump from reservoir by pulling pump upper retention tab away from reservoir cavity and then lifting pump up from mounting grommet. Do not damage reservoir/pump sealing surface or puncture reservoir during removal.
Remove pump grommet and discard.