Go Back   Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums > Chrysler Vehicles > Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to the Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-26-2010, 04:27 PM

Default 2003 Town and Country - A/C blows warm and cold air intermittantly

2003 Town and Country with 150k. The climate control AC has always worked great until this spring. Recently, it has been going back and forth between blowing cold air and warm air. It doesnt change between warm and cold while it is running. It seems like it works in the morning after sitting overnight but, later in the day when it is started again, the AC blows warm air. I've read on this board that when the refridgerant is low, the compressor will not kick on as a safety precaution. How can I tell if the compressor is kicking on? Thanks for any suggestions.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on ChryslerForum!
Old 04-26-2010, 10:13 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to CHRYSLER TECH Send a message via Yahoo to CHRYSLER TECH

u can hear it click on and off plus watch it move when on.
Old 06-17-2010, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRYSLER TECH View Post
u can hear it click on and off plus watch it move when on.
Yes, I do hear it click on and see it moving. I took it to a local shop for an estimate and was told the compressor was bad. Compressor, receiver, condensor, labor, etc.. will run about $1000. My question, if the compressor is bad, would it be typical that I get cold air for about 10-15 minutes after the car sits overnight?
Old 06-17-2010, 09:25 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to CHRYSLER TECH Send a message via Yahoo to CHRYSLER TECH

when it is blowing hot air does it click and see the clutch move?
Old 06-20-2010, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRYSLER TECH View Post
when it is blowing hot air does it click and see the clutch move?
Yes, I believe it is. Here is what happened yesterday: Drove it for 10 minutes to the store. AC worked fine. Was in the store for 10 minutes and when I drove home, the AC worked fine. About 15 minutes later, I left again, drove it for 10 minutes and stopped for gas. The AC worked fine. After filling up, I could feel the AC getting gradually warmer and after about 3 minutes, it blew nothing but hot air. I shut the AC off. I had a 45 minute ride and tested the AC several times and it never began blowing cold. The van sat for 20 minutes and when I started it up to drive back home, the AC worked fine the entire 45 minute ride back home.

Thanks for the help.
Old 06-20-2010, 05:30 AM

Tags
2003, ac, air, blowing, blows, chrysler, cold, compressor, country, hot, jumper, stay, town, voyager, warm