Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

2005 voyager fuel filter housing location

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2012, 04:08 PM
Default 2005 voyager fuel filter housing location

can anybody tell me where the fuel filter housing with plug etc is on a 2005 voyager 2.8 crd lx & how to remove & replace correctly to cure stalling/running problem,many thanks

Old 12-12-2012, 03:08 AM

It's located in the engine bay, between the engine and radiator fans. It's simply to change

Old 10-20-2016, 09:34 AM

hello,
I resume this post.

I have chrysler voyager CRD LX 2.8, 2006 year.
I can see that the fuel filter is lacated in the engine bay, between the engine and radiator fans, as the above post.

I read that in some models of the same car, the fuel filter is located in other position, under the car, near the fuel tank.

I check in many repair manuals and codes parts manuals: none of them show the fuel filter in engine bay; all of them show the fuel filter near the tank.

Example: page 239 and 241 of this codes parts manual:
http://www.gmb.be/CJD_parts/CDI/Catalogs/97-09/07RG.pdf

Example: page 181 of this repair manual:
ftp://oskin.ru/pub/chrysler-dodge/ma...-Diesel-SM.pdf

I gougled and I found this code part (04721225AE); it seems "Chrysler Voyager Diesel FUEL FILTER ASSEMBLY", located in the engine bay: but I can not found this code part in the above codes parts manual.

MY QUESTION:
there is a repair manual or a codes parts manual that shows the correct fuel filter laceted in engine bay?

Old 10-20-2016, 10:58 AM

Is is as Joker said under the lid LHS, you have yourself seen it. Its a 'spin on' metal can with plastic water drain tap on the end.

Spin off the old one and lubricate the ring on the top of the new one with a finger of engine oil, make sure the plastic drain tap on the bottom of the new one is tight, and spin on the new cannister. Draw through the diesel with the hand lift pump which is central between RAD and engine, when the hand pump is hard you have done the job.

A slack[ened] drain tap or loose[ened] can seat is a favourite for "car turns over but will not start" Many different makers exist - choose one in any country. Your actual Chrysler RS & RG workshop manuals are here. Your diesel manual is in here. Best of luck.

Old 10-24-2016, 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by QinteQ
... Your actual Chrysler RS & RG workshop manuals are here. Your diesel manual is in here. ...
Thanks for your reply.

I already read those manuals, and all manuals in that site.
None of them show the fuel filter in engine bay.
My worry is not to mount the filter. My worry is I do not have the proper manual of my car.

Old 10-24-2016, 06:40 AM

I've misplaced my Disc manual QintQ and have got all these powertrain, body, fault codes, etc, downloads but the workshop one with brakes, suspension, axles, Fuel Filters, seems to be missing. You got that download anywhere.

Old 10-24-2016, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by goggs
I've misplaced my Disc manual QintQ and have got all these powertrain, body, fault codes, etc, downloads but the workshop one with brakes, suspension, axles, Fuel Filters, seems to be missing. You got that download anywhere.
Goggsy (+ giurti), the best available for the CRD's are from the 'orskin' site I posted, but they do cover most of the info on the 2.4 & 2.8's. The only better other is 20 DVD's, an absolute Stephen Hawkins to get working 'main dealer registration only' and a minefield as Tfb will attest.

Added edit - The only other is the generic (all makers, years, models 2010/12 AutoData service tome.

Last edited by QinteQ; 10-24-2016 at 09:16 AM. Reason: More info
Old 01-06-2021, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by goggs