Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

2006 T&C 2 tone leather cracked.

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2014, 09:20 PM
Default 2006 T&C 2 tone leather cracked.

Hello, We have a 2006 T&C Touring with the JP Signature series package. Because its my wifes van, and its paid for, I have neglected it a little. I am kind of a maintenence freak, so mechanically its top notch, but I have allowed it to become a little rough around the edges. Its time to fix up a few cosmetic issues before the wife gets a great idea about buying something else.

The one thing that I am having a problem with is the drivers front seat leather. Because of the JP series, it has the 2 tone, and 99% of the leather is in excellent condition, but one of the patches they used on that seat must have been a bad piece because it has all cracked up.

Anyway, I need to find a piece of this leather to fix the seat. I have looked on ebay for replacement seat covers, and gone to about every upholstry shop, and fabric shop in town. I can't find it anywhere. Anyone out there know where I can get some of this leather, or maybe just another lower part of the drivers side seat cover at a decent price?

Thanks!

Old 03-12-2014, 10:15 AM

Ah, leather...
Just about all leather, be it for seats, jeans, shoes is actually painted, yes, painted.
If it's black, the leather is dyed black before being painted so there will not be too much obvious contrast if and when the paint cracks up. So not a trouble with tan leather for instance.

You need to find the same type of paint and color as yours, probably mid-grey as that's popular with Chrysler. Your paint may have a leaflet with it as to how to treat cracking. E-bay could be a start for your search.

Leedsman.
n.b. Would you believe it! There's an ad. for "Leather repair kits" in red just below my posting.

Last edited by Leedsman; 03-12-2014 at 10:17 AM. Reason: Addition.