Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2006 voyager

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 12:08 PM
Default 2006 voyager

Front wishbone rear bush.

I will be replacing the above bush, just want to know how difficult it is, if at all to remove the bush from the wishbone. And then replace with new.

Thanks in advance.

Old 02-14-2013, 02:44 PM
Default Front Wishbone rear bush.

Hi Nicksmith,
Just changed mine, both sides last weekend, why, cos there was a knocking noise when going over bumps. Also changed Stabiliser bushes which I recon was the real culprit as wishbones look ok, when removed.
Yes you can replace the parts on the wishbones, see E-Bay for the bushes and ball joints. But they will require to be pressed on a certain way. I used a long taper punch to split the ball joints on my 2003 CRD LTD. That easy due to shape and position of Wishbone. You have to drop the below engine Cradle Crossmember Reinforcement plate as this holds rear Wishbone bushes in position.
Three bolt sizes are used to secure this plate, M14, M12 and M10. Use torque gun.
Oh and tighten front bush from underneath when weight on wheels.
Found a possible reason for suspension rattle. Not a bush or a balljoint, or a Stabiliser bar link, but the front Wishbone Bolt which should be 135lbft.
And yes I did find one slightly loose.
As the bolt is not a fine fit in the bush it is actually a rattling fit, with no wear evident.
Goggs..

Old 02-15-2013, 03:25 PM
Default Front Wishbone Rear Bush.

Yes just checked it. The Chrysler service manual that I got in CD form from E-Bay has the dis-assembly and re-assembly of renewing this bush as well as the front bush and balljoint. I noticed you can get a copy of this CD on this Forum somewhere, while I was brousing...
Just a job where you note how its fitted, cut old one off and slide new one on using Silicone lube.
Goggs.

Old 09-27-2014, 12:13 AM

Is it a easy JB to replace the wishbone bushes do you need to press the bush out and back in and can it be done on axle stands my wishbone has a lot of movment on it wish me luk

Old 09-27-2014, 02:52 PM
Default Front Wishbone Control Arm

Not sure if your arm is same as my 2003 Voyager but here's picture of whole arm, front bush, rear bush and end on of rear bush.
Looks like its pressed on, so easy to take off with cutting disc, almost through bush, then final split with chisel.
But its a pressed on affair. Or if you hammer it on, take care bush is properly aligned and softer metal between hammer and bush.
Not a job for a ham fisted or temperamental person.
Good Luck and post your result...

Attached Thumbnails 2006 voyager-chrysler-arm-total.jpg   2006 voyager-chrysler-arm-rear-mount.jpg   2006 voyager-chrysler-arm-rear-mount-end.jpg   2006 voyager-chrysler-arm-front-mount.jpg