Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 G Voyager LX - Can a POWER TAILGATE be FITTED

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2013, 05:26 PM
Exclamation 2007 G Voyager LX - Can a POWER TAILGATE be FITTED

Got myself a 2007 Grand Voyager LX...

Can a Powered Tailgate Be Fitted?

There is a lump on the left side of the interior from looking in the back, It has a plastic cap covering the hole. The key fob has the button for tailgate, But no button inside the car (not important)

Can it be done with used parts?

My previous Voyager was a 2004 Limited, I miss the powered door...
I have a disability & as you can imagine did rely on the power tailgate.

Any Info Will Help.

Old 07-30-2013, 05:31 PM

I am also interested in this, my guess is that you need to fit the motor/module, maybe an additional bit of wiring loom, possibly a different latch on the door and maybe a different set of switches on the overhead console? There may be a bracket on the door that's needed and maybe even a pressure strip around the door???

Vince.

Old 07-31-2013, 06:13 AM
Default ?

I don't think there is a pressure strip, But looking at used parts online, It seems a Tailgate ECU is needed aswell as a electronic latch to pull the lock mech down. that would have a pressure/micro switch inside I would have thought. The bracket on the tailgate can be found at a scrap yard / Chrysler breakers, its basicly a rose joint nipple. there is probably a captive nut already in place. Im not too bothered about having the button up front, but if there is a loom already in place then why not... Im going to have a look into this further when I can. I do think they must all have the same loom in the roof for the dealers to plug in the upgrades for models with the further electronics?

Dan