Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2008 Chrysler Tonw & Country radio

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2013, 03:14 PM
Default 2008 Chrysler Tonw & Country radio

Wednesday I had to replace the battery and all seemed well. Now the radio, dvd player and the backup camera features do not work. I've replaced all the fuses but have not idea what to do next.

I'm hoping someone here can direct me as to what my next step might be. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Old 11-26-2013, 08:32 PM

Your radio may have been damaged when you changed the battery. Chrysler has a bulletin for the 2008 and 2009 models concerning the MyGig radios. Unfortunately their solution is to remove the fuse before changing the battery.

Sorry I don't have better news.

From bulletin number: 08-003-09

MyGig REN or REZ Radio Inoperative After Battery Disconnect.

When performing repairs that require battery cable removal, the feed fuse for the radio (30amp, for fuse location please consult DealerConnect, TechConnect, or Fuse Cover) must be removed prior to disconnecting or reconnecting the battery. Disconnecting and Reconnecting the battery can cause electrical spikes that may damage the MyGig - REN or REZ radio. Removal of the fuse will prevent this from occurring.
George

Old 11-27-2013, 03:41 AM

The above indicates from Chrysler directly that....
"Disconnecting or reconnecting the battery can cause electrical spikes that may damage -- etc.etc".
This would appear to support and be evidence that these same electrical spikes can also cause glitchups in the control microprocessors for vehicles, alsong with many other types of microprocessor-controlled machinery and for that matter common electronic devices such as Freeview tuners, home computers etc.

So.....just about everything in a car, including even the lights, nowadays is micro-controlled. Performing the hard-reset by disconnecting the battery -ve for a few minutes just might cure your problem Soonerdean, easy to do, costs nothing. Of course, you may have lost the radio code or something similar by disconnecting the battery in the first place. This avenue deserves investigation.

There may be a contributor here who knows just what may have happened to your ICE, fingers crossed time...

Leedsman.

Old 11-28-2013, 08:46 AM

Thank you for your response. I did the hard reset...did not work. Am I now destined to take the van to the dealer for radio repair or is there a way to repair the system myself? CRAP! I've changed dozens of batteries during my life and this is the first time I've ever heard of something like this.