Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

2008 Town & Country FOB KEY IGNITION problem

Old 07-06-2011, 09:22 PM
Unhappy 2008 Town & Country FOB KEY IGNITION problem

Hope someone had experience same problem. I have a 2008 T & C with 50K. Lately, I try start car with FOB key and nothing happen? No interior light, no interior dash board light, no one click, just nothing like the car is disconnected to the battery. I search couple post say people have encounter 1 click but will not start (but they have interior light on) mine T & C don't have any interior electrical on. Just dead nothing. I try taking the key out then placing back in and turn on, about a few time later, then the it works like normal. Recently, it is happening more often like everytime I get off my van to pick up the kids from school, it happens again. At the moment, its taking me 3-4 times trying, turning on then off the ignition switch, taking the key out then putting back in, for it to work. Seems like something is loose? I really do not know what happening...the battery is strong when switch works normal, my FOB key remote auto lock works great. I hope someone had similar experience and give me advice, if this can be fix DIY or I have to take van to dealer... with 3 kids to feed.. dealer is my last option.

please help!! any one out there...

Old 07-06-2011, 11:35 PM

dealer - things are complicated now

so many acronyms
=====================
Ignition Switch - Description

DESCRIPTION

This vehicle is equipped with a Wireless Ignition Node (WIN). The WIN, along with the FOB with Integrated Key (FOBIK) are the primary components of the keyless ignition system. The only visible component of the WIN is the ignition switch located on the face of the instrument panel just to the inboard side of the steering column. The remainder of the WIN including its mounting provisions and electrical connections are concealed within the instrument panel.

In addition to replacing a conventional keyed ignition switch, the WIN is an integrated electronic receiver that serves as the base station in the vehicle. It communicates with other electronic modules in the vehicle over the Controller Area Network (CAN) data bus.

The WIN interfaces with the Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) FOBIK and the Tire Pressure Monitor (TPM) sensors (if equipped) using Radio Frequency (RF) communication, with the Sentry Key Immobilizer System (SKIS) transponder within the FOBIK using Low Frequency (LF) RF communication.

The WIN cannot be adjusted or repaired, but is flash update capable. If ineffective or damaged the entire WIN must be replaced