Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

2009 Chrysler Town and Country VES System will not power on

Old 12-19-2011, 10:28 AM
Unhappy 2009 Chrysler Town and Country VES System will not power on

Hi,

I have a 2009 Town & Country. One of the reasons we purchased this van is because of the VES. About a week ago it stopped working. When you pull down the middle TV nothing happens, screen remains black. When you open the third row screen the TV lights up and is blue and the power light on the lower DVD unit lights up; however, the Satellite TV will not cut on nor will a DVD play. When i try to turn the VES on from the top screen, it blinks and nothing happens. A DVD will play on the front screen from the top DVD player but not from the bottom player. The Satellite TV does not play on the the front screen and the sound will not come on through the main sound system.

We took it to the delearship this weekend and they told us the middle screen was not getting power and needed to be replaced (for a cost of $1000). They did not remove the unit and check to see if any connections were loose not could they tell us why the overall VES system was not powering on.

Has anyone come across this problem before? We are taking it back in tomorrow to have it looked at again.

Thank you.

Old 12-19-2011, 01:43 PM

I had a similar problem in my 2008 Town and Country. Second row screen didn't work, and if the third row screen was on, opening the second row screen would shut down the entire system. The second row screen, or its wiring, were found to be defective and replaced under warranty.

Old 07-13-2012, 12:11 PM
Unhappy 2008 T&C rear VES issue

I have a 2008 Town & Country with VES issues. Everything was fine before getting an oil change from the dealer. Once we left we didn't notice, but the rear VES was off, we assumed the tech turned it off while pulling into the bay. But, we went to turn it on, and nothing. The power light on the lower DVD player is off, pushing power does not turn it on. Using the menu -> VES -> "turn ves on" button has status of "OFF", pushing the soft button does not turn it on, it just blinks as you press it, but remains status OFF.

Opening the 2nd row screen does nothing, no picture, no power apparently. Opening the 3rd row DVD screen causes the power light to come on, on the lower DVD player and Chrysler logo appears on screen, but no video, the menu -> VES power still shows status off.

Inserting a DVD into the player (it has power and will accept, eject discs), causes power light on lower dvd player to light, but again menu shows, off, but after fiddling with the volume it does have volume, but very low when turned all the way up. No video to either screen.
Selecting sat TV does nothing, no video on front screen while in park, very low sound, no video to either rear screen. I am so disappointed as this was part of the reason we purchased our van. I have found many other owners of Dodge Caravans, whom have had the same issues. Have any Chrysler owners experienced this rear VES issue?

Thanks!

Old 12-18-2012, 07:14 PM
Unhappy Almost exactly the same problem

Had to jump the van and go replace the battery. Afterwards, video was working. Next morning, 2nd row video was dead from DVD player. Sound and video would play in the front and 3rd row. I could go turn on rear VES and it would look like it was working, but the video screen was black. A week later, the DVD still plays video on the front console and 3rd row screen, but now the sound won't play. Selecting the Turn VES On doesn't do anything at all. It just keeps displaying the selection to Turn VES On.

VERY frustrating. Our kids were all set to enjoy Christmas videos during our travels and now they have nothing.