Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2009 Chyrsler Town & Country VES Not working

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2013, 09:53 PM
Default 2009 Chyrsler Town & Country VES Not working

For some reason there is no power to the DVD player on the bottom. I can't turn it on and nothing can be viewed on any of the TVs in the back. You can't listen to the radio or do anything on the back seat TVs. It was working fine and then one day it just stopped working. The radio and DVD player on top work find with no issues. Is there a fuse that controls the back seat TVs and bottom DVD player or is there something else that is wrong that needs to be fixed? Please help me!

Old 09-26-2013, 07:13 AM

When using the "top" player, can you view movies in the back monitors? If so, I doubt it's a fuse problem and more then likely a power plug problems for the lower player. there is a plug in the rear of the multi-media unit that accepts the lower player that may have "giggled" loose. BTW, as far as my knowledge goes, there is only one fuse that controls the VES system and it is a 20 AMP "yellow" fuse located in the fuse box on the driver side inner fender area under the hood. I really doubt that to be the problem however. I suspect a loose plug or wire. If not that, an internal failure of the unit itself!

Old 09-26-2013, 09:23 AM

As far as I know I have never been able to view movies on the back TVs with the top player. I know you could listen to music through the back TVs too but the bottom player was on. The back screens are blank and there is no power only to the bottom unit. My thought is that it's either a loose connection or a fuse. I wasn't sure if the bottom player and the TVs were on a seperate fuse than the top player an radio. Is it easy to access the bottom player to check the connection?

Old 09-26-2013, 11:32 AM

Your system is capable of viewing 2 different movies at the same time. Hence a DVD in the top unit and a different one in the lower unit.. Ch 1 and Ch 2. If you are not using the upper unit for movie viewing then both monitors can be set to watch channel 1 which is defaulted to the lower dvd player. Does your system have Navigation? Mine doesn't, it is the 420 REN system. Perhaps your setup is different if yours has the Nav system

Old 09-26-2013, 12:03 PM
Default VES system

I have the system without navigation. I didn't know that the two channels corresponded to the two different DVD players. I always wanted to figure out how to play two different movies. I am not too sure I can see anything on the screens as though there is no power. I can't see a menu or anything. I can't watch our satellite TV either in the back or front. It seems with no power to the bottom unit backseat tv doesn't work.

Old 09-26-2013, 03:02 PM

If you don't have the multimedia VES manual (should have been included with your manual packet) If you are the original owner.

You can log onto Chrysler.com, search your particular VES setup and review the manual for complete operation. There is a setting within the multi-media radio system that turns-off the DVD movie functions.. You will have to go through the setup feature for more information on that. Try to locate a VES manual, it's a great help.

Old 09-26-2013, 09:04 PM
Default Back VES not working

After reading your last post I wanted to look into it further. When I pull down the back seat TVs there is no picture at all. I cant even get my satellite TV to work on the upper unit at all either. It seems as though there is no power to the lower unit or the TVs. My assumption is that their is either a fuse that is blown for the bottom unit and the TVs or there is a cable that got disconnected on the lower unit. If I wanted to check the cable is there an easy way to pull that lower unit out? Thank you for all your help and advice so far.

Old 09-27-2013, 10:58 AM

I don't doubt that you are experienced on the full operations of the VES and I don't know if you have the VES manual to refer. I can only make assumptions based on my own experiences. Try this, Go to settings, make sure you selct VES on.. Then put a DVD in the "top" unit, lower both front and rear monitors. Monitors should display "Chrysler Logo" by selecting channels 1 or 2. In order to watch the move DVD is the top unit you must select "FM AUX".. the movie should show up in either monitor by selecting ch- 1 or 2. Now I know this has nothing to do with the lower DVD unit if it still doesn't power up. This test however could rule out the complete system failure of the VES as a whole!

I had to see for myself so I just tested my unit, (same as yours) on my 2009 T&C Limited without Nav and everything works as mentioned. I did however notice that I had to "turn-on" the VES in the setup menu. Probably because I haven't had the unit on since I put a new battery in the vehicle. Hope some of this helps.

Old 09-27-2013, 12:09 PM
Unhappy VES no power

Last night I read the VES manual and it didn't give me too much insight to problems and how to fix them. I did learn more about it but not much more than I already knew. When I went into VES settings it said VES system off and then to the right it said turn VES system on. When I selected to turn it on,it didn't turn on and continued saying off. I brought down both TVs and it was black with no logo. I think there is no power just not sure if the lower DVD player and TVs are on a different fuse than the upper unit.

Old 09-27-2013, 12:38 PM

If the upper DVD opens up an accepts a disk then the fuse for it is good! You will be able to watch the DVD in the upper unit on the Radio Screen itself providing the vehicle is in "park" and "watch video" with the soft keys. If this works for you then I wouldn't suspect fuse. Chrysler does some silly things sometimes and perhaps there's an "in-line" fuse not mentioned in the manual?! I'm out of suggestions, perhaps someone of more experience can help out. Sorry I couldn't do more.. Best of Luck

Quick Reply: 2009 Chyrsler Town & Country VES Not working