Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

2010 Chrysler Town and Country TIPM

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 01:01 PM

Well, wonder of wonders my TIPM has arrived at last. Only took 4 months and 6 days. To add to the insult from Chrysler, the dealer charged me $100 service to tell me it was defective back in March and today they wanted another $50 to install it. I guess the look I gave the service writer was better than I thought because she dropped it to $25 without me saying a word. I had them leave my bypass wiring under the hood in case this thing fails again. Maybe I should draw a diagram of my wiring and take pictures and post it on here for all the other headlight less T&C owners.

Old 12-13-2012, 10:44 PM
Angry 6 weeks and counting

2010 T&C with 39,300 miles. In service 22 months. October 30th woke up to dead battery. October 31st woke up to dead battery. Took to dealership November 1st. Two weeks of paying for battery, miscellaneous parts such as TIPMs. Chrysler doesn't like dealership and says if we want to hold out any hope for reimbursement we need to use one that they want. Take to their "certified" dealership. They cannot find anything wrong with it. Except the minor problem of every morning the battery is dead. Replace TIPM and PCM. Declare problem fixed. They tell Chrysler to close out our case because there is nothing wrong with van. They ran diagnostic tests and got no codes. Next day battery is dead. They give up and give van back to first dealership. To appease Chrysler they send van 120 miles to their sister dealership which is certified. That was November 23rd. I called Chrysler to tell them where van is and find out they closed case because dealer #2 said it was fixed. December 10, we call again to ask what Chrysler will do to help us. they say "Nothing - your van is at a non-certified dealership." This despite telling them on 11/27 and 11/30 where the van was and that since 11/23 their certified dealership has been working with Chrysler in MI to fix problem. Apparently not real good with record keeping OR making cars. After reading about being withotut vehicles for 4 months, I guess we don't have it so bad. Oh yeah - he Executive service representative told us yesterday she has never heard of a problem like this or having to have more than one TIPM. Then why do I get 29,000 hits on Google for Chrysler TIPM and there are over 3,200 views on this thread?

Old 12-14-2012, 12:35 AM

TIPM? Chrysler will never admit to a fleet problem with parts even though it's starring them in the face. She says she's never heard of it. That's horse hockey and she knows it!! Sad fact is she sleeps well at night regardless. TIPMs are a well known problem maker on this and other forums. Chrysler needs to start reading forums to catch up - fat chance!

To be honest that's the first time I've read someone was directed by Chrysler to skip a dealership and go to another. That's after surfing forums for 7 years.

Have you looked into your state's lemon laws? Many require compensation after 3 unsuccessful tries to fix a problem. Sometimes a new vehicle.

So the problem is a parasitic battery drain correct? Do you want to troubleshoot this or are you done with the van and Chrysler?

Last edited by Raptor 07; 12-14-2012 at 12:43 AM.
Old 09-09-2013, 07:56 PM
Default Chrysler TIPM Lawsuit Investigation

Hi, I am a litigation assistant at Girard Gibbs. We are investigating consumer complaints of electrical problems in certain Chrysler vehicles, including Jeep Grand Cherokees, Jeep Wranglers, Jeep Liberties, Chrysler Town and Country, and other models. If you are interested in assisting our investigation or sharing your experience with us, please email emo@girardgibbs.com, call (866-981-4800), or visit our website http://www.girardgibbs.com/chryslerl...investigation/

Old 03-06-2020, 09:19 AM
Default RRPORT Town & Country Faulty Headlights

PLEASE! Everyone who had this issue with headlight flickering and shutting off while driving, REPORT THIS to customer service 18004236343 if enough of us report this issue and bring it to their attention them it will be a recall or warranty extension! You could be reimbursed for repairs already made! I called and reported it, the lady told me this was the second call in a row on the Same issue. She said people just need to report it.

Old 08-25-2020, 03:55 PM

i have a 2010 CHRYSLER TOWN AND COUNTRY SAME HEADLIGHT PROBLEM WORKS FOR A WEEK OR TWO THEN THEY GO OUT AGAIN HOPE TWO FIND OUT WHY IN A COUPLE DAYS

Old 02-21-2023, 08:29 AM
Default Wiring diagram

Originally Posted by charles43
I have a 2010 T&C with a defective TIPM. I was told over 300 are on back order nationwide. They can not give me a date when I can expect a replacement. My headlights do not not working at all through the TIPM. Since I am mechanically and electrically capable I have wired up my headlights to operate through a relay and fuse. The relay is activated when the parking lights are turned on. I only have low beam, however, this is more than the dealer offered to do. at least I can drive at night and in the rain.
Hey I would like wire the relay could you share the diagram you created

Old 11-09-2023, 03:47 AM

Originally Posted by charles43
I guess that 300 needs to be bumped up to 301 now. Mine was also found to be defective at end of March and they would not give me a date for availability. I did have to pay over $650 up front for them to order it. My head lights would not work at all after they checked the van.
I went to an auto parts store and bought 2 head light sockets, wire, toggle switch and a fuse holder and wired up the low beams so we could drive the van at night. All the parking and other lights work fine right now.
I did see on another site that the Goverment is looking into the long standing problem with T&C head light issues.

My headlights just gave up the ghost in my 2010 TC, I was expecting to pay 200 dollars, but now I think I'll be getting some fittings and a little relay and do my own switch.

Old 11-09-2023, 04:04 AM
Default NHTSA report too!

https://www.nhtsa.gov/report-a-safety-problem

Originally Posted by Yo Ma
PLEASE! Everyone who had this issue with headlight flickering and shutting off while driving, REPORT THIS to customer service 18004236343 if enough of us report this issue and bring it to their attention them it will be a recall or warranty extension! You could be reimbursed for repairs already made! I called and reported it, the lady told me this was the second call in a row on the Same issue. She said people just need to report it.

Old 11-09-2023, 04:56 AM
Default It was just the bulbs, they both went out at the same time

So, I started to look into how to bypass the headlights, I was getting a relay kit with h11 sockets, and I was feeling pretty cool about myself, and then I realized that I would like high beams, and how do they do that with only 2 wires... Well they don't They use a set of bulbs! So I had swapped a high beam bulb... The low beam bulbs are a bit hard to get to, but sure enough, the bulb was bad. I am just so used to having high and low beam in one bulb, I didn't expect 4 headlights.

I moved a high beam bulb to the low beam, and now I have working headlights and one high beam, which I so rarely use I should be ok going directly to the autoparts store.

H11 has one filament! I wouldn't have figured this out until I saw it in daylight and or was looking into the bypass that someone else talked about.

Originally Posted by AirOp
My headlights just gave up the ghost in my 2010 TC, I was expecting to pay 200 dollars, but now I think I'll be getting some fittings and a little relay and do my own switch.