Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

2011 t&c doors won't open and low battery help please

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 10:14 AM
Default 2011 t&c doors won't open and low battery help please

Hi all, k so I have a 2011 town and country and having problem for awhile and getting worse. I get low battery key on dash once and awhile even when driving. I have had both keys tested and the batterys are fine they tell me. And now my front doors unlock but when you go and get in they won't open. I have to go thought the sliding door and they open from in side but not from outside. Happened in the summer as well so they r not frozen. Also it's happened twice but when doors unlock I open side door to let kids in the alarm sounds? I have taken it I. To the shop many times but nothing is showing up in the scan and surprise everything works fine when it's in the shop and they won't do anything because they don't know what the problem is. Anyone have any ideas what I need to do. Thanks

Old 11-05-2013, 01:05 PM

There is a freebie test you can do yourself (just in case the microprocessors controlling the dodgy functions are glitched up). If your radio has a keycode, you'll need it.

Disconnect the battery -ve for a few minutes then re-connect. If this gets shot of the problem by imposing the hard reset, you have a glitched up micro somewhere. If it doesn't YOU'VE LOST NOTHING. Check any errorcodes before you do this if you're troubled you might lose them, although if stored glitches are present the errorcodes are unreliable.

Likely sources of glitches are alternator and starter motor. Sometimes glitchups are a symptom of a battery getting sulphated (with hard crystalline lead sulphate) which increases its internal resistance and limits its a/h capacity, so it doesn't squash down these glitches as effectively.

Pls. let us know the results as others may find these pertinent to their own problems.

Leedsman.

Old 11-05-2013, 03:19 PM

In general terms, based on inputs on this and multiple other forums, the TIPM (fuse box) and WIN module (you insert your FOBIK key into it) have been the most troublesome electrical components on the 5th generation vans. Both are in the circitry for your alarm system and door locks. If you are still under warranty I wouldn't do anything more than inspect them for any external signs of corrosion especially the TIPM. Look closely at the fuse and relay sockets. Any signs there could point to internal problems. You could try a wiggle check on the TIPM connections to induce the problem. The WIN module most associated with your alarm system. You again could try a wiggle/tap check to see if you can induce the problem. Leedsman's battery reboot is well worth a try. Just need to disconnect the negative cable for 2-3 minutes.

Last edited by Raptor 07; 11-05-2013 at 03:23 PM.