Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

2011 TC Key Fob Issues

Old 10-21-2013, 07:58 AM
Default 2011 TC Key Fob Issues

I am curious if any 2011 TC owners are experiencing the same craziness with their key fobs. I've replaced the batteries in both my key fobs (at least twice in 6 months) and I've had one replaced and re-programmed by the dealership. All has been silent on the front until recently. The fob my husband uses says "key not detected" or "key battery low", but it will end up starting. This past weekend I really thought my van was playing jokes on me OR I was going crazy.

1. I was holding my key ring (not the fob) and the car would start without pressing anything
2. The doors wouldn't unlock even if I pressed the unlock button on the fob (after trying 3 times it would) OR it would unlock all the doors except the passenger front door.
3. If I shook (not pressing any buttons) the key fob my husband uses it would make it honk and unlock. And at times would turn on the engine. Mine did not do anything (I have since put the key fob my husband uses away for now).

4. In the past, I have been stranded because the key fob says key not detected. My husband has had to come bring me the other key. For awhile I rode around with both fobs just to make sure I had one working key. It's not fun to be stranded with 2 small children.

5. Last night while I was in bed I heard my van honking. My key ring was hanging loose on my purse. Once I pressed lock on the fob it shut up.

I emailed Chrysler this past weekend asking them for options. I really don't have confience in my dealership to fix this issue. Like I said I've been there 4 times now for the same issue and they have yet to fix it. I have purchased the extended warranty since there is so many mechanical and electrical features in this van. I want to make sure to cover myself.

Am I alone or are others having the same issue? I think this keyless entry thing is cool, but I may need to back to the old fashion key in ignition process.

Thanks!

Old 10-21-2013, 01:11 PM

Sometimes the system can be confused if you carry other electronic things on your keychain, like a gasoline speedpass, other cars' electronic fobs or something similar. That doesn't explain all your weird things but it could explain some.