Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

2011 Town and County Van passenger mirror memory/does it save settings?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2013, 09:21 AM
Default 2011 Town and County Van passenger mirror memory/does it save settings?

We recently purchased a used 2011 Town and country van. It has all the bells and whistles. On the door are buttons (1 and 2) for remembering different driver settings such as seat and mirror positions. The passenger mirror does not appear to remember its settings, it does not move when driver buttons are pushed. We have tried moving and re-saving the settings. We brought the van in for warranty work and the shop replaced the mirror sensor and returned it to us not working. We took it back to the shop and then they later returned it to us claiming the passenger mirror driver memory settings was not an option on the 2011's and the computer does not talk to the passenger mirror. He claimed later models have it just not he 2011.

Does anyone have a 2011 with the driver setting? Does your passenger mirror respond/remember its settings?

The van also has a setting, when the van in put into reverse the mirrors are supposed to look down a little so you can see the ground closer to the vehicle when backing out of a garage. Our driver mirror does this but the passenger does not. The guy at the shop told me again that the passenger mirror was not included in this option on the 2011 model year and that later years it was added in.

Has anyone ever tried this option out on a 2011 and had the passenger mirror track?

Old 09-30-2013, 12:27 PM

How about your owners manual? MIA? Free download at the Chrysler website:My Chrysler: Chrysler Owners Service Manuals - Chrysler Cars, Minivans, SUVs, Convertibles, Crossovers

Last edited by Raptor 07; 09-30-2013 at 12:31 PM.
Old 09-30-2013, 07:47 PM

Passenger mirror is "dead in the water" so to speak. The only mirror to work via memory settings is the drivers mirror for both the reverse "look down mode" and the set memory settings chose by the driver. Also, if you have the auto dimming mirror option, again only the driver mirror is effective!

Old 10-01-2013, 07:51 AM

Sounds like u r right Doug. We r out of luck with the passenger mirror. Yesterday late afternoon I took the van to a different dealer hoping to find another 2011 with the same option but they did not have any on their lot. I spoke with their service department and they were much better informed than where I originally took the van. They to confirmed the passenger mirror does not save the settings.

The owners manual was less than helpful.

All things considered we are still happy with the van. Kind of disappointed about this mirror thing. Not sure why they would have only saved the driver settings in the first place and waited till later years to tie the passenger in.