Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

6 dvd player compatibility and questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 11:56 AM

Mr du,
Not sure why you are disappointed in Chrysler for a problem potentially induced form a previous owner. Perhaps the previous owner bought the wrong unit. Chrysler does have its issues as does any other company. The changers are finicky, you have to read the directions and follow exactly for loading and unloading disks. We are going on 102,00 miles and 7 years on the same changers with no issues so far.

Your single unit appears to be a non US model version. I can only base this on searches and every time it comes up on the net, it is from the UK. Are you in the US? There are different video formats for US and overseas.

That single DVD unit says PAL and in the US we use NTSC. There is a setting I believe on the player that you can check in the "menu" screen" when you hit the menu button on the remote. I ma not sure if this would solve the problem or not. You have search Ebay for 6 disc changer but this would be another gamble if it works. Are you sure you have seated both 12 and 16 pin connectors? The other connector seems to be for an auxiliary input of some sort which is not used in the 05 in that manor.

Look here
Chrysler GRAND VOYAGER 02-07 DVD/CD PLAYER 05080687AA | eBay

Fixit

Old 02-15-2012, 03:20 PM

Thanks for the reply Mr Fixit. Yes I know I am being unfair to Chrysler, the truth is we love the van, it drives like a dream and the space is fantastic.
Yes I am in the UK, the new single unit did come from the US but it is a region 2, went through customs and all.
What I dont understand is the fact that I dont get any image on the screen. Does it turn on automatically when a DVD is inserted?
Thanks again, I feel much more reasured after your reply.

Old 02-15-2012, 05:50 PM

It comes on when any CD or DVD is inserted, or inserted and play is pressed if it does not auto start, but it should. I never knew the screen came on when a CD played until I happened to be looking back at the kids one night and I saw some light in the closed screen. When I opened it, I believe it displayed the CD track numbers etc. of the CD playing.

Perhaps the unit the previous owner left with you is defective. Do you know for sure the screen worked? or did you ever see it work? Can you plug in the old changer temporarily to see if the screen lights up? I believe there are 2 12 volt connection under the changer that need to be plugged in, I know one is for the DVD changer and the other is for Uconnect. I have not looked at the wiring diagram in a while. Way down below after the links, I have listed what the manual says for no screen or white screen. If you are good with a voltmeter, you could check these pins in the connectors, however I would plug the old changer in first to see if it works. Assuming you have it.

It is also possible the single disk player is not compatible. I just looked up the pin outs on my changer(US), your Changer (UK) and the pins are the same.

My unit
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink

Your unit (Scroll down hard to see but you can compare to mine) Same signals on same pins
DVD CD cd dvd Player Chrysler Chrysler Voyager Dodge

When I punch in your single unit, the signals do not match up on the same pins. Not sure why you hear sounds because it would appear you should not. SCROLL DOWN TO PIN OUTS
Chrysler GRAND VOYAGER 02-07 DVD/CD PLAYER 05080687AA | eBay

You can compare the pin diagrams for both units if you have both units. If they do not match, that single player is not going to work.

NO DISPLAY. but AUDIO HEARD THROUGH SPEAKERS
1. LOOSE OR DAMAGED CONNECTORS
1. CHECK FOR LOOSE OR CORRODED DVD PLAYER CONNECTOR (12 PIN).
CHECK FOR LOOSE OR CORRODED VIDEO SCREEN CONNECTOR.
REPAIR IF REQUIRED.
CHECK FOR LOOSE OR DAMAGED IN-LINE CONNECTOR.
RS AUDIO/VIDEO 8A - 5
AUDIO/VIDEO (Continued)
CONDITION POSSIBLE CAUSES CORRECTION
2. WIRING DAMAGED 2. WITH HARNESS CONNECTED, CHECK
FOR VIDEO SIGNAL VOLTAGE AT DVD PLAYER AND AT VIDEO SCREEN
HARNESS. PLACE KNOWN GOOD DVD INTO DVD PLAYER. PLACE POSITIVE
LEAD OF VOLTMETER ON PIN 5 (VIDEO SIGNAL) OF THE 12 PIN CONNECTOR.
PLACE NEGATIVE LEAD ON PIN 6 (VIDEO GROUND). READINGS SHOULD BE
BETWEEN 0.1V TO 2V DC.
3. VIDEO SCREEN DAMAGED 3. EXCHANGE OR REPLACE VIDEO
SCREEN IF REQUIRED.

WHITE DISPLAY 1. LOW VOLTAGE 1. CHECK FOR BATTERY VOLTAGE
(9V-16V) AT DVD PLAYER 12 PIN
CONNECTOR (PIN 1-BATTERY, PIN
7-GROUND). DISPLAY WILL BE WHITE IF VOLTAGE DROPS BELOW 6V.
2. VIDEO SCREEN DAMAGED 2. EXCHANGE OR REPLACE VIDEO
SCREEN IF REQUIRED.

Fixit

Old 08-24-2012, 01:41 PM
Default 2005 Caravan with a New DVD Problem

2005 Caravan with a New DVD Problem - Our DVD player never really worked well before and now since we have installed a new battery, it goes into what sounds like ejection mode with all 5 lights flashing. When the motor noise stops it alternates between two lights left and three light right flashing. I have removed the fuse for upto 8 hours to no avail. Does it require a reset and how would I do that? Grand daughter is missing Veggie Tales...

Old 06-23-2013, 12:27 PM
Default DVD Player

Hello how are you? My name is Rafael and I'm writing from Spain. I have a Chrysler Voyager 2.5 CRD LX 2005. I have installed the dvd loader model (P05166349AA). A few months ago I broke and I purchased the dvd player model (05080687AA).
My problem is that I have installed but the screen does not light, the remote control does not turn the screen. When you insert a dvd it plays and sounds but the screen does not light, is black. I do not know if it is compatible with my Chrysler so I need help. Thank you very much. I feel my English is not very good, sorry.

Old 05-21-2015, 05:49 PM
Default P05094033AC Same problem, eject

I took my DVD out and apart, I noticed a broken part, by the looks of it, its the eject mechanism broke off at a plastic gear. That's nice to know that I could replace it myself, but no one can tell me where to get such a part since it was made in China? I think its a common problem that anyone with a little mechanical instinct can remove some screws and replace that $2 or even $10. part, but try to get that part. It's good for these audio repair businesses who will charge you $185. because they know where to get these parts!!! GOOD LUCK You can view my broken part @

Old 05-21-2015, 05:59 PM

If you set your video to private, no one will see it.